Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
Foursquare is looking for a Paralegal to join our Legal team. The Paralegal will have significant responsibility and ownership over corporate and governance matters, as well as the opportunity to expand into additional areas, at an innovative company that is disrupting the geolocation space. As a member of the Foursquare legal team, you must be a motivated self-starter, be able to simultaneously handle multiple and diverse projects, and be comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a significant impact from day one (and have fun while doing so) Foursquare’s legal team is the place for you!
Responsibilities of the role:
- Maintain the company’s cap table, and be the first point of contact with employees and investors with respect to stock options, equity, and information requests;
- Maintain corporate files and minute books;
- Assist other members of the legal team, including the Chief Legal + HR Officer, with governance and regulatory matters;
- Work on financings and M&A, including coordinating closings, preparing ancillary documents and organizing diligence materials;
- Assist with the formation, maintenance, and/or dissolution of international entities and qualifications to do business in new states within the US, as well as manage filings associated with existing state qualifications and licenses;
- Work closely with external counsel to manage deadlines and facilitate filing of documents and materials and provide support on a variety of intellectual property and litigation matters;
- Participate in maintaining a light-hearted and friendly atmosphere while we strive to be great partners to the rest of the business; and
- Provide general day-to-day support to our legal team on other projects, as needed.
- 3+ years experience at a large law firm and/or in-house legal department (working experience in-house at a technology company is a huge plus);
- Bachelor’s degree required, and completion of ABA-approved paralegal program is a plus (JD considered);
- Strong familiarity with Excel functions, Google Suite, Salesforce, Slack, and Carta platforms;
- Experience in other areas of the law (e.g., litigation, intellectual property, real estate) are helpful but work experience with corporate law and governance are a must;
- A team-player mindset with the ability to work collaboratively across various functions and with colleagues at all levels;
- Experience actively working with companies from IPO readiness through IPO launch and with public company legal and regulatory operations and filings preferred but not required; and
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.