Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the team:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Measurement Interfaces team. This full-stack team owns and develops Foursquare's industry-leading attribution and measurement products. The world's largest companies trust and rely on these products to make impactful decisions on their advertising campaigns. With Foursquare Attribution, customers can directly tie ad spend to real-world store visits across digital web, social, audio, billboard, and TV advertising.
The Measurement Interfaces team is one of the three full-stack teams that creates and owns Foursquare's customer and user interfaces. Together we consider ourselves the gateway to Foursquare's rich and valuable data set. Working with many other groups, including product, data engineering, and client success, our team is the nexus between our customers and Foursquare's location platform. Our full-stack organization owns the applications, APIs, and services that the world's largest brands rely on to move their business forward. We pride ourselves on our customer focus and ability to continually deliver value to our users.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop impactful products and features for our external and internal clients
- Work closely with Product Management and Design teams to build requirements and implementation specifications
- Design and implement effective, robust, and maintainable full-stack applications
- Collaborate with the Product Management, Client Success, and Data Engineering teams to achieve company goals
- Take responsibility and ownership of the development, deployment, and support of our production systems
- Drive technical reviews to ensure designs efficiently meet product requirements and describe an optimal implementation
- Help scope team projects into well-defined milestones to incrementally deliver improvements
- Mentor and develop engineering teammates
- 5+ years of software development experience on enterprise or consumer web applications
- Server-side development experience in NodeJS, Ruby/Rails
- Familiarity with SQL databases
- DevOps experience with cloud and container technologies like AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.