Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
Foursquare is seeking an experienced Product Designer to work across our portfolio of enterprise products. You’ll help shape Foursquare’s newest product lines and bring them to market.
You will be responsible for leading the creative vision, implementation, and iteration of our products, while independently managing design projects of your own. The ideal candidate has a proven design aesthetic, well-established processes, strong design principles, and excellent leadership skills. You’re passionate about finding new ways to visualize data and like solving hard UX problems.
Responsibilities of the role:
- High degree of critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Work closely with our Engineers, Product Managers, Researchers, Go-To-Market teams and Designers to define the best approach to a problem and deliver best-in-class solutions
- Drive the design vision and product strategy for Foursquare’s products; establish and reinforce consistent design patterns and solutions; develop best practices
- Address business goals and customer needs with elegantly simple design solutions
- Promote a transparent and inclusive product development environment, ensuring product design effort is represented within the larger product team
- Advocate for users in a fast-paced environment
- Deliver a UX vision and strategy, along with a plan for iterative updates
- Incorporate and recommend ways to extend Foursquare’s Design System
- Conduct design research to iterate and support your design decision
- Articulate user journeys with scenarios, storyboards, & presentations
- Build positive relationships with cross functional & business partners
- Advocate for user centered product roadmaps influenced by user research
- 5+ years of product design experience, preferably on enterprise/SaaS products
- Strong design sense that values simplicity and usability
- Experience using research insights and behavioral data to inform designs which solve user problems
- The ability to champion design and how it applies business goals
- Enthusiastic giver and receiver of feedback; comfortable managing conflict
- History of establishing effective creative design processes
- Curious, self-motivated, optimistic and a skilled problem-solver
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or relevant experience in a full-cycle product design environment
Nice to have:
- Experience in big data and ad tech
- Experience in both, B2B and B2C products
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.