Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
As the Go-To-Market (GTM) Strategy Associate, you will be responsible for helping develop and hone Foursquare sales strategies, by leveraging both internal sales data and market intelligence to help sales leadership make smarter and more efficient decisions in order to grow revenue. You will need to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able to work independently across different teams. You will need to distill and simplify large and complex problems quickly, working through large data sets and creating slides and documentation to present your findings clearly.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Tackle complex and ambiguous problems for Foursquare’s top strategic priorities such as pricing strategies for new and existing products, and account analyses to help sales close more deals in key verticals
- Conduct sophisticated analyses of complicated and large data sets, and translate the results into actionable insights, narratives and presentations that will guide strategic choices across the Sales organization
- Deliver on high priority, cross functional short and long term projects with multiple stakeholders that may include but are not limited to the strategy for new product launches, new market entries, channel partnerships, etc.
- Use industry research and internal data to help create vertical specific playbooks that drive revenue for our core verticals and help grow nascent ones
- Analyze account specific revenue data to help inform custom pricing decisions for premium accounts
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Strategy and Finance teams to drive sales and operational efficiencies
- Create slides and presentations for Go-To-Market leadership on sales strategy
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of work experience in data-driven strategic roles such as management consulting, sales and business operations, or corporate strategy
- Highly motivated and excited by big challenges, capable of diving in and quickly developing thoughtful approaches to drive better business decisions and outcomes
- Great communication and organizational skills with the ability to translate complex data analyses into clear and compelling narratives for Sales and Business leaders
- Great attention to detail, self-motivated, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Excellent data analytics skills and strong business acumen; proven ability to leverage complex datasets to refine and answer significant strategic questions
- Strong technical, research, problem solving and collaboration skills
- Expert in BI tools and CRM systems; proficient in using Salesforce a nice to have
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, sales/marketing, or related discipline
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.