Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest world
About the Team:
The HR Team is made of a group of diverse dynamic individuals who bring a variety of areas of expertise to the table. As a member of the Foursquare HR Team, you will partner with cross-functional teams to assist in creating and maintaining a dynamic workplace built on inclusivity, strategy and innovation. You will be passionate about our Core Values and our commitment to making sure that we are incorporating our values in every aspect of our Corporate culture.
About the Role:
Payroll, benefits and compensation are critical pieces of an employee’s happiness and success here at Foursquare. We are seeking a high performing, data-driven and results-oriented Payroll & Benefits Manager to join our HR team, to continue investing deeply in our people. This position will report to our VP, Human Resources, and will be responsible for payroll processing, compensation analysis and management of employee benefits. In addition to the above responsibilities, you will:
- Execute timely and accurate processing of payroll and direct deposits for approximately 350+ exempt and nonexempt employees and contractors both domestically and internationally; Process supplemental payroll and any out of sequence checks such as separations and corrections
- Maintain ADP WorkForce Now payroll system by managing, analyzing and auditing data from various sources (including, but not limited to: internal portals, tax authorities, ancillary medical benefits, benefit enrollment systems, retirement portals, COBRA, etc.)
- Work with Finance to coordinate documentation, reporting, and ensure accuracy of commission and bonus plan payments; support the annual benefit open enrollment, merit & bonus programs
- Ensure all local, state and federal governmental requirements are met, such as taxes and withholdings. Prepare, review and file quarterly/annual payroll tax reports and W2s
- Respond timely to payroll requests and resolve employee issues, including wage garnishments, EDD questionnaires, verifications of employment
- Manage 401K activities and interact directly with the 401K provider to ensure proper handling of employees’ enrollment, loans, repayments, distributions, rollovers, and payroll contributions; provide yearly census and compliance testing to 401K provider; assist with year-end filing of Form 5500
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local laws regarding benefits and compensation
- Support the VP, Human Resources with compensation information, analyses and strategic recommendations and assist with compensation planning cycle; Participate in salary surveys to ensure compensation objectives are achieved
- Minimum 4+ years experience in a payroll/benefits role with 2-3 years of payroll processing experience including familiarity with both salaried and hourly employees.
- Ideal candidate will have deep expertise in benefits design and negotiation, 401(k) and stock/equity plans
- Must be a team player and boast, “can do attitude”, and be able to forge great relationships both within and outside the HR team
- An ideal candidate will also have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving and thrive in fast-paced environment, tempered by an appreciation of complexity and risk
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in working through complex transactions, with the ability to analyze, problem solve and communicate observations and recommendations
- Advanced Excel skills required (critical to success in the position); experience with ADP a plus
- High acumen around critical thinking and organization
- A proactive approach to communication, analysis and problem solving
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.