Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the team
The full-stack engineering team creates and owns Foursquare's customer and user interfaces. We consider ourselves the gateway to Foursquare's rich and valuable data set. Working with many other groups including product, data engineering, and client success, our team is the nexus between our customers and Foursquare's location platform. Our full-stack team owns the applications, APIs, and services that the world's largest brands rely on to move their business forward. We pride ourselves on our customer focus and the ability to continually deliver value to our users. We are looking for a software engineer to join our team!
- Develop and maintain our industry-leading targeting applications
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams such as Targeting Data Engineering, Infrastructure, and Client Success
- Help break down product requirements with team product managers into incremental units of delivery
- A focus on creating experiences that delight our customers
- Proactively seek out opportunities for improvement in all aspects of your role
- CS Degree (or similar) or relevant work experience
- Proficiency in implementing product features with React, Vue, or similar
- Familiarity working within an agile software development cycle
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to recognize when to ask for help - we encourage our teammates to learn by asking the right questions
- Knowledge of data structures and the ability to identify trade-offs of proposed solutions
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.