Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
Foursquare is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to help with messaging, marketing content and sales enablement for two of our products - Visits and Attribution. In this role, you will translate the strategy and value proposition of the products into key messages and content that are used to move prospects through the sales funnel. Anything externally facing for these products - we want you to drive it!
You will be responsible for ensuring that the sales team has what they need to sell - and that the content is working! This means collateral of all kinds such as case studies, one sheets, talking points and slides across a variety of types of clients. You’ll also be responsible for digging deep into our buyers personas to make sure we know how our products help solve each of our varying clients’ problems. You’ll be a key contributor to our overall sales content strategy and our sales playbooks! You will work closely with our Sales and Product teams to iterate and improve our in-market messaging.
- You’re our go-to person on our team to help refine narrative structure, messaging, and copy for Visits and Attribution. You will collaborate with key stakeholders to develop content that supports our go to market team and create the right content that shows how our products solve our clients’ problems across multiple verticals. You’ll work closely with sales, product and the established positioning doc from our team to ensure the content speaks to the right persona
- Communication guru! You can easily articulate how the products work, how the data funnels into each product, our methodology across various products and types of buyers
- Shout our successes! You will develop a process for soliciting customer references, testimonials and case studies for external and internal use
- Own internal efforts to analyze how our competitors position and sell their products. This will inform our positioning on how to best align our products in the market
- You have numerous examples of taking complex requirements and opposing viewpoints to deliver a cohesive narrative
- Support on various PMM projects related to process or external client feedback
- Experience: at least 2 years experience in B2B marketing, preferably in tech (previous sales or product experience is great too!)
- Organizational skills: ability to create and maintain a project plan for large scale, multi-stakeholder initiatives
- Communication skills: you understand how to drive alignment between different stakeholders such as sales, account management, product, and partnerships
- Strong quantitative skills: you understand how data scientists think, and can craft messages/materials that resonate with highly quantitative clients
- Writing skills: you are equally comfortable drafting long-form product marketing material, (e.g. case studies, blog post and white papers), and bullet point content for one-pagers and websites. You get excited by editing copy to make it more clear and concise and articulate complex ideas
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.