Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About this Position:
The IT Systems Administrator is part of the Foursquare Corporate IT team inside Engineering/infrastructure umbrella, and the entire company is our customer. Our team must possess the ability to balance multiple priorities in a high pressure environment, all while keeping diplomatic, calm, and focused. We recognize that the business doesn’t operate smoothly when IT systems are not working as expected. We take ownership when these systems fail, and we never turn away a call for help. Our team has a high level of self-motivated initiative, always looking for improved ways to support the business’s operational efficiency.
As a member of the IT team, your focus will be the design, implementation, and support of Foursquare’s enterprise systems; developing automation, efficiency, scalability, and maintainability in all of them. You’ll work closely with peers in NYC, Chicago, and San Francisco, and Los Angeles to keep the IT products we build and support healthy.
- Architect, develop, test, and support services, integrations, audits, and automations among key IT systems most of which are SaaS.
- Proactively monitor and assess SaaS system stack for utilization, capacity, and functionality, and provide timely response and resolution to system-generated alerts.
- Create and maintain documentation about corporate systems, policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with other Operations teams and Engineering teams on projects and incidents.
- Be a technical leader and valued contributor in a high-achieving IT environment. This means mentoring others, setting the standard for excellence, and also identifying the resources you need to continue your own personal development.
- 4+ years of experience in IT Systems Engineering (SaaS experience preferred)
- Experience with G-Suite Enterprise
- Demonstrated history configuring and administering IAM/iDP SSO systems (Jumpcloud or Okta or OneLogin all qualify).
- Demonstrated abilities in Python or other scripting and automation languages.
- Familiarity with macOS, Linux/Unix and Windows platforms
- Demonstrated ability to orchestrate SaaS applications to achieve various automations and outcomes
- Intermediate knowledge of networking concepts, infrastructure topology & architecture, performance engineering, scalability and system engineering
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers.
- Experience working across several teams (technical and non-technical)
Nice to have:
- Experience with BetterCloud
- Atlassian products - Confluence, Jira, ServiceDesk
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.