Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clients—including more than 50% of the Fortune 100—choose Foursquare.
Foursquare’s toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual and Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze and identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter and Uber; and optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc., and then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more.
About the Role:
Foursquare is looking for an energetic, passionate, tech-savvy Sales Development Representative with natural sales instincts to be based in our Los Angeles or New York office. We are seeking individuals hungry to sell today with aspirations to become a sales leader tomorrow.
You will be the first point of contact with prospective customers and responsible for researching and qualifying leads by phone and email. You must thrive on identifying potential opportunities and navigating organizations to reach the right person. If you’re a great listener and can identify a customer’s needs as they relate to a Foursquare’s products, we want to speak with you.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Generate, contact, and qualify inbound and outbound leads.
- Align with Foursquare’s Enterprise Sales Team to target companies within specific industries.
- Create and strategically prioritize target account lists and align product messaging.
- Consistently generate qualified opportunities to achieve pipeline targets.
- Conduct high level conversations with contacts at target accounts.
- Conduct lead follow up activity based on marketing events and website inquiries.
- Become comfortable verbally delivering Foursquare’s Enterprise product offerings to a wide range of potential customers.
- Successfully utilize multiple sales enablement tools simultaneously.
- Track all activity in CRM (Salesforce).
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four year university
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills and energetic phone presence
- Professional, competitive, determined, and results oriented
- Flexible, open-minded, and able to deliver success despite ambiguity
- Dedicated to tracking and improving performance and efficiency on a daily basis
- Curious about understanding business challenges across a wide variety of industries
- Desire to learn a consultative approach to selling Foursquare products
- Experience working with or qualifying Enterprise level clients preferred
- Motivated to set the foundation of a successful Enterprise and SMB sales career
- CRM experience (preferably Salesforce)
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law