Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clients—including more than 50% of the Fortune 100—choose Foursquare.
Foursquare’s toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual and Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze and identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter and Uber; and optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc, and then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced digital leader to lead our operations in South East Asia & Hong Kong. The ideal candidate has set-up and run regional operations for a high-growth US-based technology company in previous roles, is passionate about the market and looking to quickly build and execute to support the company’s growth objectives.
This position is based in Singapore with frequent regional and international travel and reports to regional leadership in Asia.
- Lead the development and execution of the local commercial plan. Operate as the sales leader in the market, establishing a presence, building revenue and a case for continued investment.
- You will be responsible for the overall relationship and health of client accounts across the major holding companies, agencies, trading desks & Foursquare’s programmatic partner sales teams.
- You will play a major part in leading the management of existing partnerships and developing new relationships with some of the world’s largest mobile advertising and technology companies.
- You will establish rapport with senior level executives and lead meetings with agencies, brands and partners while evangelizing Foursquare and location-powered advertising.
- You should be a hands on manager, who is comfortable rolling up your sleeves to help teams open doors w/ new clients, win and grow business, identify new opportunities & respond to RFI’s & RFP’s.
- You will advocate the needs of top partners within the organization, and raise issues and requests as needed.
- You will work closely with Product, Marketing, and Revenue teams to continually optimize efforts relating to company-wide goals.
- Proven success over 10 years+ in developing local operations for US-based, global technology organizations focused on digital marketing and/or data licensing and monetization
- Savvy deal-maker, willing to roll-up-their-sleeves to close deals that set the direction for the team and market
- Independent operator and self-starter. Able to execute with limited guidance when necessary
- Strong leadership and people skills. Track record in building and developing successful teams
- A good understanding of mobile advertising, programmatic media buying, data and enterprise customer relationships
- High growth experience
- Commercial and sales mentality
- Excellent knowledge of the region
- Strong analytic skills and complex business problems
- Excellent communication skills for both internal and external teams
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- A bias towards action and the ability to work well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- BA or BS equivalent required, MBA degree or higher in relevant field preferred
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.