Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About This Position:
As a Director of Strategic Sales at Foursquare, you will be responsible for creating a revenue roadmap for the identified verticals and leading the execution across new business sales and existing partner led opportunities. Foursquare’s Strategic Sales team takes on the challenges of working with the world’s largest consumer enterprises to leverage and build on our suite of location tools and data.
We are looking for a candidate who is ready to bring new ideas to the table; who loves to dig into the sales process to find the way into large enterprise organizations; who can sell strategically, and who can quickly understand, discuss, and deliver the value proposition of the Foursquare promise to technologists and business people alike. Existing relationships in the technology and consumer developer community is a plus, and knowledge of the location tech space, Mobile Marketing Automation, Enterprise CRM and other marketing technologies is preferred.
- Establish partnerships that drive significant contributions to Foursquare's revenue and user growth through licensing of Foursquare data & developer tools
- Cultivate relationships with C-level and senior executives at technology companies
- Lead the partnership and deal process from strategy/planning, pipeline development, prospecting, outreach, terms negotiation, contract drafting and negotiation, through implementation
- Develop strong relationships across the Foursquare organization, including the business, legal, product, marketing and engineering organizations
- Represent Foursquare as a spokesperson and evangelist at industry events in the US and abroad
- You are an experienced sales leader with 5+ years experience selling SaaS
- Successful track record as a business development leader at a leading geo-data, SaaS, or technology/software related company
- Ability to sell to both business and technical decision makers
- Familiarity with Foursquare’s consumer internet and mobile products
- Direct experience with data and API-based partnerships and integrations, data licensing and/or mobile SDK integrations
- Familiarity and understanding of the mar-tech and ad-tech landscapes
- Outstanding communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations
- Relentless perseverance through long and complex strategic deal cycles
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA or MSc Degree is a big plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.