Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
Foursquare’s toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual and Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze and identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter and Uber; and optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc., and then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more.
About This Position:
As a Director of Strategic Sales at Foursquare, you will be responsible for creating a revenue roadmap for the identified verticals and leading the execution across new business sales and existing partner led opportunities. Foursquare’s Strategic Sales team takes on the challenges of working with the world’s largest consumer enterprises to leverage and build on our suite of location tools and data.
We are looking for a candidate who is ready to bring new ideas to the table; who loves to dig into the sales process to find the way into large enterprise organizations; who can sell strategically, and who can quickly understand, discuss, and deliver the value proposition of the Foursquare promise to technologists and business people alike. Existing relationships in the technology and consumer developer community is a plus, and knowledge of the location tech space, Mobile Marketing Automation, Enterprise CRM and other marketing technologies is preferred.
- Establish partnerships that drive significant contributions to Foursquare's revenue and user growth through licensing of Foursquare data & developer tools
- Cultivate relationships with C-level and senior executives at technology companies
- Lead the partnership and deal process from strategy/planning, pipeline development, prospecting, outreach, terms negotiation, contract drafting and negotiation, through implementation
- Develop strong relationships across the Foursquare organization, including the business, legal, product, marketing and engineering organizations
- Represent Foursquare as a spokesperson and evangelist at industry events in the US and abroad
- You are an experienced sales leader with 5+ years experience selling SaaS
- Successful track record as a business development leader at a leading geo-data, SaaS, or technology/software related company
- Ability to sell to both business and technical decision makers
- Familiarity with Foursquare’s consumer internet and mobile products
- Direct experience with data and API-based partnerships and integrations, data licensing and/or mobile SDK integrations
- Familiarity and understanding of the mar-tech and ad-tech landscapes
- Outstanding communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations
- Relentless perseverance through long and complex strategic deal cycles
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA or MSc Degree is a big plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.