Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clients—including more than 50% of the Fortune 100—choose Foursquare.
Foursquare’s toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual and Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze and identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter and Uber; and optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc, and then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more.
About the Role:
Foursquare is seeking a Content Communications Manager to join Foursquare’s communications team. Our comms team drives Foursquare’s story in a compelling and differentiated way to create market-leading brand perceptions, continue to clarify our evolution into a location technology platform and be a leading voice that represents the future of location. We are looking for an individual who has curiosity, creativity and excitement to help extend Foursquare’s brand and narrative through creative storytelling and external thought leadership.
In this role, you will create, manage, advise and develop content that will be used to drive external conversations with customers, partners, media and other external audiences while enforcing a consistent brand voice. You will be responsible for providing high-quality written content with the ability to break down complex and nuanced tech topics into easy-to-understand, meaningful point of views for a broad audience.
You’re a creative storyteller and a dynamic self-starter. You’re not afraid to ask questions (especially the tough ones) and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, uncovering important details found within the organization to communicate to an external audience. You value collaboration, diversity, attention to detail, look-forward-not-backward attitude and the adaptability to take on the unexpected.
- Develop and manage an editorial calendar that helps communicate Foursquare’s brand and narrative
- Develop an internal governance process that organizes various internal stakeholders and contributors (including executive and senior team members) who contribute to the variety of content communications you will drive.
- Research, write, edit and execute a variety of creative content (e.g. blog posts, product announcements, partner announcements, social, thought leadership pieces, webinars, email marketing, etc.) that communicates Foursquare’s position as the leading independent location tech platform.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders across the company, including marketing, designers, product leads, sales partners and executives to create content that embodies our brand, provides value to our community and aligns with our larger business goals.
- Partner with content contributors to ensure content is timely, accurate, clear and digestible.
- Support external communications via media relations
- 5+ years of experience in journalism, content marketing, B2B communications and/or corporate communications, or a related field, ideally for or at a technology company or previously at a digital media or publishing company who covered technology
- Exceptional writing, copywriting and editing skills, with the ability to distill complex technical and business concepts into succinct, user-friendly communications.
- Experience developing and implementing content curation, intake, and editorial review workflows.
- Experience managing basic social media platforms (Twitter and LinkedIn) to create shareable content for employees
- Prioritizes excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Have experience working with executive and senior leadership and maintaining positive working relationships across levels and disciplines
- You seek feedback as opportunities for growth and development
- You understand how to move quickly as a self-starter and present solutions tactically when faced with challenges
- You possess a journalistic eye and process to evaluate what makes a story a story
- You’re excited to be part of a growing business that comes from an illustrious history but an even more illustrious future
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.