Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clients—including more than 50% of the Fortune 100—choose Foursquare.
Foursquare’s toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual and Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze and identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter and Uber; and optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc, and then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more.
About The Role:
Foursquare is seeking a passionate, curious, and talented Senior Designer to join the Brand Design team. This is a fantastic and unique opportunity to be part of the bring three companies together and rebranding one of the iconic US startups. You’ll play a crucial role in bringing the new brand to life through our sales collateral, presentations, website, swag and event branding. This role requires extensive collaboration with our marketing, sales and product teams to deliver visual solutions that will directly impact the growth of our business.
As a Lead Designer at Foursquare, you’ll help communicate our brand and products through thoughtful visual storytelling and compelling design. You understand that the key to great design is great communication, and you obsess over understanding our users so that your work is relevant and insightful to our audience.
- Work closely with Marketing, Product and Sales teams to create assets and materials that reflect the Foursquare brand, communicate our value, and create engagement with our clients and partners
- Contribute as a designer and illustrator to create and execute marketing and branding initiatives such as presentations (decks and templates), white papers, landing pages, social media assets, swag, iconography, animated GIFs, website assets, infographics, and print & digital campaigns.
- Conceptualize design solutions, provide oversight and ensure brand consistency and high standards of creative execution for the development of visual materials. You’ll be responsible for project intake, execution and delivery.
- Partner with Product Marketing Managers to concept new and creative solutions to communicate complex topics simply, and refine project strategies and translate them into strong designs.
- Create templates for various types of assets.
- Partner with the marketing team to work cross-functionally with other creative team members, developers, and project leads to deliver quality designs.
- Passion and ability to expand brand expression, visual identity systems and B2B experiences.
- Be an advocate for exceptional visual design at Foursquare.
- 5+ years as a visual or brand designer for an in-house brand/marketing team or design agency; bonus points if you've worked in a startup or tech company.
- A strong portfolio showcasing strengths in illustration, content layout, typography, design systems, storytelling and a wide breadth of marketing executions
- Experience with data visualization and infographics and can visualize complex data into an consumable, visual format
- Proficient in motion graphics/animation/video (After Effects, Adobe Premiere) a huge plus
- Self-motivated, excellent communicator, able to organize, prioritize and produce results independently, work within tight deadlines, and manage all aspects of a project
- Thrives in a fast paced work environment that is ever changing
- Knowledge in front-end development (eg: HTML, CSS, JS)
- Experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.