Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clients—including more than 50% of the Fortune 100—choose Foursquare.
Foursquare’s toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual and Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze and identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter and Uber; and optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc, and then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more.
About this position:
At Foursquare, you’ll be working to fulfill our meaningful mission alongside some of the best talent in the industry. In this position, you will create or convert client supplied creative into effective designs for our digital media products according to Foursquare specifications and production service level agreements. You’ll also get to touch other media driven initiatives and projects at Foursquare that will include the creation of display, social media, and other digital visual design assets.
- Flex your design skills and technical knowledge to create effective designs for internal and client facing projects
- Collaborate with our teams to create various dynamic digital designs, rich media units, and banner ads within the Foursquare platform and guidelines
- Work with senior team members to produce quality creative work that meets our client’s expectations and timelines
- Maximize efficiencies and set up production files for hand-offs towards print, web, and digital assets
- Ensures production responsibilities are completed to meet Service Level Agreement guidelines and client expectations
- Produces maximum number of quality art files while optimizing efficiencies
- Assist with production work, including revising and preparing assets for delivery
- Hop between Photoshop, After Effects, a code editor and banner platform
- Bring finesse and polish to our client’s campaigns
- A strong sense of design - layout, typography, color, photography & illustration and a passion for quality production
- 5+ years of design experience in-house or in a digital agency environment, preferably with a media or technology brand
- You have the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- You understand the importance of the design process, creative reviews and you’re comfortable in high pressure situations with fast turnarounds and tight deadlines
- You are fluent in the latest Design tools: Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote, Google Slides and be able to learn new programs as needed
- You know how to work within Celtra, Google Studio, Sizmek, or similar platforms
- You are curious and have the ability to acquire, assimilate and process new information with little direction
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.