Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clients—including more than 50% of the Fortune 100—choose Foursquare.
Foursquare’s toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual and Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze and identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter and Uber; and optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 400 employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Singapore and London. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc, and then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more.
About the role:
Foursquare is looking for a Senior Manager of Program Management to join us and lead our Program Management Office (PMO). This team is responsible for defining, implementing, and maintaining the standards for program and project management within Product and Engineering at Foursquare.
We are looking for a pioneer who can lead the team, build relationships across the organization, and ensure that the right processes, projects, and programs are in place. The ideal candidate will possess expert project and program management skills, be an excellent communicator, and be passionate about growing the careers of the employees on their team.
Managing the PMO
Historically, program managers have reported to various engineering managers across our team. Over time, their portfolios have expanded to include more cross team and cross business unit objectives. By centralizing this team, we want to enable the PMO to tackle the most impactful opportunities available. As the manager of this team, you will:
- Support the career development of the members of your team
- Build processes to discover, define, and prioritize the team’s assignments
- Make sure the right projects are paired with the right managers
- Communicate team and high level project status to other stakeholders in the Product & Engineering organization
- Continue to hone the team’s remit to fit the company’s changing needs
- Act as an advocate and champion for the Program Management Office, seeking out new opportunities to improve Foursquare’s processes
- Ensure that processes owned by the Program Management Office are being continually optimized
- Directly manage programs with high variety across many business units to successful outcomes on time and within budget
- Proven track record for managing programs to successful outcomes
- Experience managing 3-6 direct reports
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated experience working with product teams
- Understanding of roadmapping and business strategy
- Analytical and metrics driven
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, able to push through ambiguity
- Deep sense of intellectual curiosity and respect for creative work
- Ability to research complex topics with overlapping technology, finance, legal, and general management issues
- Expert ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel
- High level of integrity with respect to confidential information,
- Confident in managing up and partnering with all levels of the organization
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.