Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
The world needs an independent location provider, and Foursquare is best positioned to be that company. We’re supported by a decade of R&D and proprietary data, as well as a consumer-first heritage that shapes our approach to ethical tech. We are a close-knit team that works hard, striving to craft an experience that will touch the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
About this position:
Foursquare is hiring an East Coast Measurement salesperson to call on brands and agencies. As an Account Executive in the New York office, you'll be responsible for driving sales by vetting, negotiating and building innovative marketing programs for Fortune 1,000 clients, built on unique consumer insights and sound practices of privacy & data security. You'll have the opportunity to contribute to our monetization efforts while working with top tier ad agencies and brands in selling Foursquare’s suite of ad solutions, while specializing in Foursquare’s Attribution solution, Placed Powered by Foursquare.
- Prospect and sell Foursquare’s suite of marketing products into top tier brands and their ad agencies
- Elevate conversation around value of location intelligence and influence advertisers to modernize their digital strategies to include analytics and attribution
- Educate stakeholders, from media planners to CMOs, on how to utilize location as part of their broader overall data strategy
- Consult with brands and their agencies on marketing challenges and needs
- Forecast, track and report sales performance
- Meet quarterly revenue targets as set by sales management
- Help shape the development of Foursquare’s monetization strategy as we build and iterate different marketing strategies for brands
- Work closely with members of our world class Account Management and Sales Operations teams to help provide best in-class client services and ensure performance for clients
- Travel to agencies and clients throughout your territory
- 2+ years experience in digital media with at least a year of sales experience
- Strong relationships with East Coast based advertising agencies and direct clients
- Ideal candidates will have sales experience in the digital advertising space (adtech) , and is comfortable selling clients on the value of data
- Strategic thinker who can speak to analytics, evangelize the value of location and sell products through a consultative method
- Must have proven success meeting/exceeding annual revenue goals between $2mm+
- Experience and commitment to updating Salesforce opportunities (SFDC)
- Self-motivated, independent player with a strong track record of in-the-field sales
- Excellent communication, presentation, prioritization and organizational skills, and a strong commitment to detail
- Extremely professional and positive demeanor
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.