Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About the role:
Foursquare is looking for a Senior Manager of Program Management to join us and lead our Program Management Office (PMO). This team is responsible for defining, implementing, and maintaining the standards for program and project management within Product and Engineering at Foursquare.
We are looking for a pioneer who can lead the team, build relationships across the organization, and ensure that the right processes, projects, and programs are in place. The ideal candidate will possess expert project and program management skills, be an excellent communicator, and be passionate about growing the careers of the employees on their team.
Managing the PMO
Historically, program managers have reported to various engineering managers across our team. Over time, their portfolios have expanded to include more cross team and cross business unit objectives. By centralizing this team, we want to enable the PMO to tackle the most impactful opportunities available. As the manager of this team, you will:
- Support the career development of the members of your team
- Build processes to discover, define, and prioritize the team’s assignments
- Make sure the right projects are paired with the right managers
- Communicate team and high level project status to other stakeholders in the Product & Engineering organization
- Continue to hone the team’s remit to fit the company’s changing needs
- Act as an advocate and champion for the Program Management Office, seeking out new opportunities to improve Foursquare’s processes
- Ensure that processes owned by the Program Management Office are being continually optimized
- Directly manage programs with high variety across many business units to successful outcomes on time and within budget
- Proven track record for managing programs to successful outcomes
- Experience managing 3-6 direct reports
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated experience working with product teams
- Understanding of roadmapping and business strategy
- Analytical and metrics driven
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, able to push through ambiguity
- Deep sense of intellectual curiosity and respect for creative work
- Ability to research complex topics with overlapping technology, finance, legal, and general management issues
- Expert ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel
- High level of integrity with respect to confidential information,
- Confident in managing up and partnering with all levels of the organization
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.