Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About the role:
Foursquare is looking for a Director, Product Marketing to craft product marketing strategy for the Developer Platform (Places and Pilgrim SDK), and work with Product Marketing Managers for Measurement (Placed powered by Foursquare) and Data Solutions (Visit Data and Audience Data) to deliver and execute against department priorities. In this role, you will translate the strategy and value proposition of the products into key messages and content that are used to move prospects through the sales funnel.
Success in this role requires that you will work with stakeholders across Product, Client Strategy, Strategy, and Marketing by helping our growing sales land and/or expand our presence across target industries including retail, QSR, finance, travel & hospitality, auto & mobility, and software (B2C and B2B).
- Messaging & positioning: develop product positioning and messaging that articulates the unique value of our Enterprise products
- Strategic planning: partner with sales, product, sales operations, and marketing to develop and deploy annual and quarterly plans, signed to company's OKRs and strategic goals
- Sales enablement: create tools and collateral that support the selling process, from presentations and case studies, to web content and white papers
- Sales preparedness: partner with product managers and sales enablement leaders to build product-focused content for seller education initiatives, and socialize accordingly
- Market intelligence: be the expert on the client buying process and experience, including how our competitors position and sell their products
- Go-to-market: work with cross-functional teams to plan and execute product launches
- Website management: project manage updates to our corporate websites, enterprise.foursquare.com, developer.foursquare.com and business.foursquare.com
- Measurement: partner with sales operations and performance teams to identify, track and interpret key KPIs
- Process creation: identify, craft and socialize processes that drive internal efficiencies across marketing and sales organization
- Customer & partner marketing: work with business development and client partnership teams to create and promote customer case studies to expand our presence across key verticals; develop co-marketing programs with partners across data management platform, mobile marketing automation platform industries
- Lifecycle marketing: write, product and send internal and external newsletters to communicate product updates and promote marketing programs
- 7-10 years experience in B2B marketing, preferably within the technology sector
- Strong quantitative skills: you understand how developers and analysts think, and can craft messages/materials that resonate with highly quantitative clients
- Marketing operations: General familiarity with Salesforce and other CRM tools (sales or marketing) is a plus, as well as experience working with Content Management Systems
- Technical proficiency: you don’t need to be an engineer, but you should be able to explain what an API and SDK are
- Copywriting: you are equally comfortable drafting long-form product marketing material, (e.g. case studies and white papers), and bullet point content for one-pagers and websites. You get excited by editing copy to make it more clear and concise.
- [Preferred] Digital marketing: you are comfortable crafting email marketing programs and know how to launch multichannel organic and paid media initiatives
- Client skills: you know how to evangelize our products to clients while gathering feedback on the effectiveness of our key messages/content
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.