Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About this position:
Foursquare is hiring an East Coast Media and Measurement salesperson to call on brands and agencies. As a Client Partner in the New York office, you'll be responsible for driving sales by vetting, negotiating and building great marketing programs for Fortune 1,000 clients. You'll have the unique opportunity to contribute to our monetization efforts while working with top tier ad agencies and brands in selling Foursquare’s suite of ad solutions, specifically Pinpoint & Attribution.
To thrive as a member of the Foursquare sales team, your ambition should match our world-changing aspirations. We are a close-knit team that works hard, striving to craft an experience that will touch the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
- Prospect and sell Foursquare’s suite of ad products into top tier brands and their ad agencies
- Elevate conversation around value of location intelligence and educate media planners to CMOs on Foursquare preeminent location-based capabilities
- Consult with brands and their agencies on marketing challenges and needs
- Forecast, track and report sales performance
- Meet quarterly revenue targets as set by sales management
- Help shape the development of Foursquare’s monetization strategy as we build and iterate different marketing strategies for brands
- Work closely with members of our world class Account Management and Sales Operations teams to help provide best in-class client services and ensure performance for clients
- Travel to agencies and clients throughout your territory
- 5-7+ years experience in digital media
- Strong relationships with East Coast based advertising agencies and direct clients
- Ideal candidates will have sales experience in the mobile/location space or the programmatic space (DSP, network or ad tech), and is comfortable selling clients on the value of data
- Avid and passionate Foursquare and Swarm users with an interest and desire to compete in our space
- Strategic thinker who can evangelize and sell products that may be new to marketers
- Must have proven success meeting/exceeding annual revenue goals between $3mm and $7mm
- Self-motivated, independent player with a strong track record of in-the-field sales
- Excellent communication, presentation, prioritization and organizational skills, and a strong commitment to detail
- Extremely professional and positive demeanor
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.