Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, WeChat, LINE, Grab and GoJek. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About this position:
Foursquare is hiring a Regional Director to oversee new business development and existing client support across APAC out of our Singapore office. As a regional director, you will be focused on finding new partnership and sales opportunities for licensing Foursquare’s developer tools including the Places API, Places Database, and Pilgrim SDK. You will be helping to lead our small but effective team in market and working with counterparts in the US to come up with deal strategy and market approach. You will focus mainly on sales in Southeast Asia and also have the opportunity to explore expansion into ANZ and look for opportunities in East Asian markets such as Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Korea as well. You can anticipate monthly travel to visit prospects across the region as well as 1-2 trips to the US to meet at HQ.
As our headquarters is located in the US, you must be able to operate independently, make your own strategic decisions, and be able to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders and navigate the challenges of multi-time zone work.
- Prospect, pitch, and close new prospects in the developer, technology, analytics, and platform sectors.
- Help manage existing clients, maintaining consistent communication and trust to drive renewals.
- Build market strategy and make decisions on where to focus efforts and time.
- Forecast, track, and update sales performance in Salesforce
- Communicate progress and hurdles effectively with relevant teams and managers in the US
- Travel to visit prospects and clients and conduct proper culturally appropriate business meetings in different markets.
- Manage and help other sellers on the team to focus their efforts and strategy for new business development.
- Work with marketing and product marketing to build market specific collateral
- Coordinate with product and engineering on market needs, appropriate ROI, and priorities for product investment.
- 5+ years of successful selling in the APAC market
- Experience selling developer tools or working with developers and platforms on licensing
- Technical acumen to understand the basics of API and SDK integrations
- Ideal candidates have experience in add on services for apps (preferably location based services)
- Ability to conduct consultative selling with a long (12-18 month) sales cycle
- Self sufficiency in building a pipeline and create outbound lead flow through networking, LinkedIn, research, and outreach
- Candidate must be exceptionally organized and be able to coordinate between multiple internal teams including legal, finance, HR, product, engineering and sales.
- Willingness to join calls with US teams in late evening and early morning hours as needed
- Exceptional communication skills
- Spoken Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Thai, and/or Bahasa is a plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.