Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Foursquare Analytics (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence. In many ways, the company is now a Machine Learning and Data Science company at its core.
To thrive as a member of the Foursquare sales team, your ambition should match our world-changing aspirations. We are a close-knit team that works hard, striving to craft an experience that will touch the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
About this position:
Foursquare is hiring a Midwest Media and Measurement salesperson to call on brands and agencies. As a Client Partner in the Chicago office, you'll be responsible for driving sales by vetting, negotiating and building great marketing programs for Fortune 1,000 clients. You'll have the unique opportunity to contribute to our monetization efforts while working with top tier ad agencies and brands in selling Foursquare’s suite of ad solutions, Pinpoint and attribution.
- Prospect and sell Foursquare’s suite of ad products into brands and advertising agencies
- Elevate conversation around value of location intelligence and educate media planners to CMOs on Foursquare preeminent location-based capabilities
- Consult with brands and their agencies on marketing challenges and needs
- Forecast, track and report sales performance
- Meet quarterly revenue targets as set by sales management
- Help shape the development of Foursquare’s monetization strategy as we build and iterate different marketing strategies for brands
- Work closely with members of our world class Account Management and Sales Operations teams to help provide best in-class client services and ensure performance for clients
- Travel to agencies and clients throughout your territory
- 5+ years experience in digital media
- Strong relationships with Midwest based advertising agencies and direct clients
- Ideal candidates will have sales experience in the mobile/location space and/or the programmatic space, either at a DSP, network or related ad tech company
- Avid and passionate Foursquare and Swarm users with an interest and desire to compete in our space
- Strategic thinker who can evangelize and sell products that may be new to marketers
- Must have proven success meeting/exceeding annual revenue goals
- Self-motivated, independent player with a strong track record of in-the-field sales
- Excellent communication, presentation, prioritization and organizational skills, and a strong commitment to detail
- Extremely professional and positive demeanor
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.