Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more than 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
- A business leader with experience in a high-accountability, high empathy environment who can effectively work with various company stakeholders and impact across the company, not just in engineering
- Background & experience in Enterprise, SaaS and/or B2B
- Experience managing, leading & significantly scaling teams
- An excellent recruiter with the ability to attract talent and implement an effective organizational design that matches a fast-growing organization
- A leader who demonstrates empathy towards colleagues and work situations
- Experience managing a multi-office engineering organization
- BONUS: Internationalization experience
- BONUS Experience taking a company through a liquidity event (IPO or other exit)
- This role reports directly to the CEO, Jeff Glueck and joins the executive leadership team
- Lead engineering and data science with approx. 5-6 department head direct reports
- Lead the effort to transition from a private company to a public company over the next few years
- Grow the engineering, analytics & data science teams significantly and ensure the organization is built to scale
- Ship product and set up scalable tools
- Improve process & accountability across the organization
- Partner with Product Management and lead cross-departmental collaboration
- Continue international expansion beyond current global customers, like Tencent, Alibaba, Naver, Line & Grab, and expand into new verticals
- Build a culture of diversity & inclusion and create an environment of belonging
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe that in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice, and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and a suite of products that we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.