Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About the position:
We're seeking an experienced Senior Recruiter with a background supporting a variety of teams at either a small tech startup or a large successful technology company. You should have a strong understanding of newer technologies, have balanced working with several Hiring Managers, and have experience filling senior-level talent across different departments in a fast-paced environment.
To join our HR Team, you must have a 6th sense about people - you can separate the A-players from the rest, and you should be well-versed in proactively sourcing and maintaining your own recruiting pipeline. This is a full-cycle recruiting position and you'll be responsible for every inch of the hiring process, from partnering with hiring managers, sourcing & screening candidates, coordinating interviews, and working with hiring teams to evaluate and extend offers. You will also be asked to facilitate and lead meetings with recruiting and hiring teams to establish and maintain meaningful relationships with interviewers, senior leadership, and key cross-functional stakeholders.
- Manage the full-cycle recruiting process, from kick-off meetings with hiring managers, to sourcing/screening, through onboarding a new hire
- Recruit mid to senior level talent across multiple departments: Sales, Engineering, Product, & G+A.
- Evaluate and streamline existing recruiting processes and maintain a high close rate
- Partner with hiring managers, interviewing teams, and senior leadership on hiring initiatives
- Oversee and manage a detail-oriented process, ensuring no conversation or open position slips through the cracks and provide "white-glove service" to all candidates
- Effectively communicate and negotiate all pieces of an offer package (including ISO stock options).
- Manage the full recruitment process and work on special projects as needed
- Establish and build trust with hiring teams and important stakeholders to maintain a great working relationship
- A minimum of 5+ years experience managing a full-cycle recruitment process
- Experience working for a fast-paced, tech startup or similar experience
- Experience partnering with senior leadership and management teams on hiring initiatives
- Experience working in a modern Applicant Tracking System (ATS) such as Greenhouse, Lever, or similar ATS
- Strong knowledge of recruitment best practices
- Ability to write complex search queries and boolean search strings for sourcing across multiple platforms
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Ability to proactively source top talent, gain candidate interest, and pitch candidates on Foursquare's mission, values and goals
- Ability to deliver complex offer packages, including Stock Option terminology and negotiation tactics
- A team player with willingness to collaborate on great ideas and work towards company hiring goals together
- Bachelor's degree is required
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.