Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About this role:
Foursquare’s growing Product Marketing Team is looking for an experienced Product Marketer to own positioning, messaging, promotion, content, and education for solutions that brands and agencies rely on for media measurement, optimization, and analytics.
In this role, you will use data, insights, and research to create integrated product marketing strategies that drive demand and sales, and develop supporting programs. Work with stakeholders across Marketing, Product, Sales, and Client Strategy to introduce various applications of location data and technology to the market in order to acquire and retain customers. You will also identify product synergies with other areas of our portfolio with fellow product marketers to position Foursquare as the leading location technology platform.
- Define the market opportunity, identify the customer segments and buyer personas with the propensity to buy and who will derive the greatest value
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop product positioning and messaging that articulates a value proposition and product narratives
- Develop revenue-driving go-to-market plans aligned with sales and product strategies and with defined success metrics tied to revenue
- Influence product development with a deep understanding of customer needs and purchase cycle
- Write, socialize, and execute marketing plans, launch campaigns, and sales playbooks
- Understand competitive differentiation and arm sellers with the effective tools to position against the competition
- Develop content for internal and external use including sales collateral, case studies, blog posts, FAQs, and POVs
- Experience: you have 5+ years experience in product marketing including at least 2 years in a market-facing role, preferably at a data provider or mobile advertising tech company
- Communication and collaboration skills: you understand how to drive alignment between different stakeholders, are comfortable presenting in front of large groups and senior leaders
- Impeccable writing skills: you are a story teller who is equally comfortable drafting long-form material, (e.g. case studies and white papers), and bullet-point content for one-pagers and webpages
- Organizational skills: you are able to create and maintain a project plan for large scale, multi-stakeholder initiatives, you have excellent time management skills, and thrive under tight deadlines and quick turnaround times
- Software and technical skills: you have a general familiarity with Salesforce, JIra, and marketing automation tools
- Strongly preferred: you have experience with ad effectiveness studies and customer analytics platforms
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.