Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About this Position:
The Systems Administrator is part of the Foursquare Technology team inside Engineering, and the entire company is our customer. Our team must possess the ability to balance multiple priorities in a high pressure environment, all while keeping diplomatic, calm, and focused. We recognize that the business doesn’t operate smoothly when IT systems are not working as expected. We take it ownership when these systems fail, and we never turn away a call for help. Our team has a high level of self-motivated initiative, always looking for improved ways to support the business’s operational efficiency.
As a member of the IT team your focus will be the design, implementation, and support of Foursquare’s enterprise systems; developing automation, efficiency, scalability, and maintainability in all of them. You’ll be responsible for support and care for the entire Seattle office, its people, and the relevant corporate systems on the ground as they relate to IT. You’ll work closely with peers in NYC, Chicago, and San Francisco to keep the IT products we build/support healthy.
- Knowledge of JAMF and macOS administration, patching and security.
- Experience with Apple Business Manager, DEP, VPP, and MDM.
- Experience working in JIRA Software.
- Expert knowledge of G-Suite Enterprise.
- Experience with MacOS upgrade deployments.
- Experience configuring and administering IAM/iDP SSO systems (Jumpcloud, Bitium).
- Hands-on experience with enterprise switches, routers, and firewalls (Cisco, Juniper).
- Experience with scripting (Python BASH), including API calls to various services.
- Experience sourcing technology vendors and suppliers, and contract term negotiation.
- Comfortable inside a data center, with a strong understanding of various telco cabling, compulsive cable management, and troubleshooting.
- Capable of implementing, administering and troubleshooting A/V solutions (Google Hangouts, Chromebox for Meetings, Soft Codecs) within various environments including conference rooms, team meeting spaces, etc.
- Documentation is always front of mind, either via updating and auditing an internal wiki, or as simple as printing instructions for conference room ease of use.
- Professionalism is paramount; you come organized, have strong attention to detail, are self motivated, a team player, and customer service oriented.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.