Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About our Engineering Team:
As a member of Foursquare’s engineering team, we want you to bring experience building real products from the ground up. We're passionate about tackling tough challenges in the location space and look for others who like to dive deep into code and help solve hard problems. You should be comfortable running with your own ideas and eager to learn new skills on a bleeding edge platform. We use a variety of tools, technologies, and languages to build software (Scala, Thrift, MongoDB, Memcached, JS/jQuery, Kafka, Pants, Hadoop, MR, Spark) but experience with equivalent ones will do just fine.
As a Senior Software engineer on the Web team, you will design and develop our customer-facing applications which provide advanced location and advertising analytics to many of the world's biggest brands and retailers. You’ll partner with product, data science, and other engineering teams to develop clean and intuitive visualizations that provide meaningful and accessible insights from immense data sets.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with product owners, engineering leadership and other stakeholders to identify development priorities
- Work closely with UX/UI designers and product managers to consistently improve customer experiences
- Partner with other engineers to develop roadmaps for full stack architectural changes in support of long term goals
- Build secure interfaces which protect sensitive user and customer data
- Mentor junior engineering staff
What we’re looking for:
- BS degree in computer science or related technical field
- 7+ years of software development experience on enterprise or consumer web applications
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Experience building data visualizations (ex. D3.js)
- Production experience with Angular, React, or Ember
- Experience writing tests with front-end testing frameworks (i.e. Mocha, Chai)
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.