Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About this Position:
Foursquare is seeking a Strategic Agency Partnership Lead to lead our relationships with the largest Agency Holding Companies in North America, responsible for building and growing long-term relationships to drive revenue growth. In this role you will manage Holding Company agency relationships with a focus on the C-Suite and Account Leads. In partnership with upper management, this role will develop our Agency Partnership Framework, ultimately serving as their Foursquare Ambassador and trusted advisor, while driving Foursquare's data, measurement, media, and analytics revenue. This position requires extensive knowledge of the changing agency & media landscape, the drive to develop industry-transforming strategies and the ability to build relationships with senior agency management. The ideal candidate has media agency planning experience, a deep knowledge of measurement & analytics used to evaluate performance, and a proven ability to influence multiple levels of an organization.
- Build Foursquare’s annual and quarterly Strategic Plan for assigned agencies, including analysis of Agency revenue
- Build and elevate relationships at the highest levels within the assigned agencies, C-Suite, Senior Agency Influencers to continuously uncover strategic opportunities to drive media revenue on a global, regional, and local level
- Identify and lead the development of joint business projects and/or beta opportunities with assigned agencies
- Serve as internal voice of the customer to help shape product and marketing roadmaps
- Agency account management including, but not limited to: maintaining contact lists, establishing meeting cadence with (internal and external) key stakeholders, seeking out new relationships/contacts, developing quarterly business reviews, organizing and coordinating agency education initiatives ( cross discipline agency days and / or GROW), fulfilling ad hoc agency request and breaking down obstacles
- Lead or contribute to Foursquare's tentpole senior-level engagements and activations (i.e CES, Cannes, AdWeek) with assigned agencies
- Partner with internal sales teams to contribute to and uncover category and client-level opportunities globally and regionally at both the Agency and Brand level
- Collaborate with a number of internal specialists (i.e. data, platform, measurement, media, analytics) as needed to meet Strategic Plan requirements and to continuously identify relevant opportunities for your agencies
- Keep abreast of Foursquare's capabilities and product offerings via distance learning and on-site training
- Strong Internal communication (written and verbal), ensuring Sales, Agency Team, and other department leaders are well informed
- 12+ years experience in the advertising industry in a sales, business development or advertising agency function
- Proven ability to drive results, as well as create and sell-in innovative solutions to clients
- Strong experience working at, or with, advertising agencies
- Proven ability to simplify and package complex product offerings for appropriate audiences.
- Ability to handle many initiatives simultaneously and prioritize according to meeting revenue goals
- Experience with all things digital advertising: display, mobile, tablet, video, etc.
- Ability to think strategically, understanding marketer needs, and creatively translating these needs into compelling concepts and programs
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.