Foursquare is a technology platform that powers leading business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location.
Foursquare’s business solutions include Placed powered by Foursquare (the industry-leading offline attribution product), Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Pinpoint, and Foursquare Analytics, which together empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success. More than 150,000 developers have registered to use Foursquare location tools including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. An active community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide app, Foursquare Swarm check-in app and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. These explorers have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 13 billion times.
Foursquare has more than 350 employees based in New York headquarters and offices in Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles, London, and Singapore. Foursquare is proud to be funded by Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners, The Raine Group and more.
In 2019, Foursquare acquired Placed, a leading location analytics company, previously owned by Snap.
About This Position:
Foursquare is looking for a detail-oriented Executive Assistant/Office Manager (70% EA/30% OM) to undertake a variety of day-to-day administrative tasks in our Seattle office. In addition to supporting the President, you will also ensure things run smoothly across the board. This role is 100% in the office and not a remote position.
Our ideal candidate is a highly organized and competent professional with impeccable communication and soft skills (written and verbal). You will be comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and able to carry out administrative duties with accuracy and speed.
- EA: (70%)
- Provide administrative support to the President (mainly heavy calendar management, travel, expenses, etc)
- Travel: Coordinate and oversee flights, transportation, and hotel accommodations through our system, TripActions
- Expenses: Oversee executive expense reports and reimbursements through our Abacus system, ensuring all receipts are collected in a timely manner and submitted immediately
- Calendar: Ensure all meetings have rooms booked accurately across time zones, locations with appropriate contact numbers. Conduct daily calendar audits to ensure calendars are up to date and accurate.
- Maintain strong professionalism and discretion for all emails going out to clients/executives/external personnel on behalf of the company. Ensure there are no typos, names are spelled correctly, etc...
- Board Meetings: Be onsite support for board meetings held in Seattle. Order catering, provide IT triage for VC equipment, print out decks, clean/tidy up the room, etc.
- Business Meals: Make reservations for business meals, or order catering for meetings
- Ad Hoc Admin Tasks: Assist with preparation of weekly decks for company all hands, board meetings, and any other needs as they arise.
- General Office & Personal Errands: Tasks may include making Copies, ordering lunch, obtaining gifts for clients among others. The job may require personal errands to be run from time to time.
- OM (30%)
- Tracking, ordering, and organizing inventory (office supplies, IT equipment, tech supplies, swag, snacks, etc)
- Addressing facilities, [L1] IT tickets and coordinating office repairs with vendors (broken furniture, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc)
- First point of contact for visitors from HQ and other offices
- Assisting with seating shuffles and office moves
- Light mailroom duties including package distribution, notifications to employees, and communication with UPS/USPS personnel
- Light ad hoc administrative duties and coordination with IT and HR to ensure everything is running smoothly
- Informal reception duties (no front desk) including sometimes greeting clients, interview candidates, and visitors
- Vendor relationship management, event planning and event management
- Event support for Company Meetings, Tech Talks and Demo Days
- Host weekly new hire orientation sessions with new local employees
- 5+ years working as an EA providing support to Executive level positions, OM or hybrid roles a plus
- Comfortable and confident on a support team: patient, strong communication skills, great with people, high emotional intelligence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with superb professionalism
- A self starter with a great work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be client/customer facing
- An extremely detail-oriented and organized individual that ensure executives are armed with all necessary information at all times
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently whenever last-minute changes to meetings/schedules occur
- Reliable employee with a positive attitude and diligence
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.