You will also play a vital role in ensuring high-quality data across our venues database and priority venue chains. Through manual evaluations, ad hoc financial analyses, polygon creation, and the production of training sets for our various machine-learning models, interns serve as the human/non-programmatic wing of the Venues team - one that is key in achieving quarterly objectives and goals.
This is a paid, 40 hr/wk, 4-month internship located at our headquarters in the Flatiron District, NYC. While there are no guaranteed full-time opportunities available after the 4 month period, former interns from our Product & Data Support team have gone on to full-time positions at dynamic tech companies. This is a great way to get your foot in the door into the tech scene!
- Respond to support requests
- Escalate potential product issues
- Assist with new business on-boarding
- Curate and vet popular venues in our database to help ensure users have access to highly-personalized recommendations
- Beta version QA testing for both of our consumer apps
- Using internal tooling, manually create polygons for prioritized venues and venue chains
- Research/Review recent financial reports for our prioritized venue chains
- Analyze and determine current estimated venue coverage for prioritized venue chains
- Deep dives on specific chains to validate venue-level firmographic data accuracy
- Harmonize our venues with one of our many outside data sources
- Create training sets for our machine learning models
- Support ad hoc analyses for large partners, e.g. Apple, Uber, hedge funds
- Perform QA evaluations for various outputs of Venue Data Pipeline
- Strong work ethic and acute attention to detail
- Efficient and effective online research skills
- Familiarity with Google Maps & Street View
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A careful eye to help identify, troubleshoot, and report bugs
- A passionate Foursquare and/or Swarm user
- Experience with OS X, Excel, Google Apps
- Bonus: Prior experience with Zendesk, Jira or Asana, SQL, in Customer Service or Hospitality
The next set of hiring dates that we will be recruiting for are below. When applying, please let us know which date(s) you would be available to start, if selected to be hired.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.