Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About the role:
As the Director of Performance Marketing, you will work to create a performance-driven marketing team at Foursquare that will be focused on growth, efficiency, and measurement.
You will build the group that drives digital marketing expertise at Foursquare and work with the various functional leaders in Marketing and Design to make Foursquare a global leader in digital marketing and future platforms. You will oversee a dynamic digital marketing team focused on driving results for a multi-billion-dollar Consumer, ad-tech, enterprise company. You will have full responsibility over all performance marketing KPIs and be tasked with growing the results and revenue of this unit on a regular basis.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead a digital team in the functional areas of SEO, paid search, email, demand generation, acquisition, and web management.
- Collaborate with brand managers, the engagement team, and the Foursquare design team to create, execute, and optimize effective online campaigns to drive traffic, improve conversions and grow leads and users.
- Map and build the life cycle of our core products and develop a robust, digital marketing strategy.
- Develop lead generation programs across our core products.
- Provide strategic guidance and monitor channel performance across programmatic display, social, search, content, email, etc. to ensure long and short-term KPIs are met.
- Collaborate across channel teams to optimize conversions and help to achieve aggressive revenue targets.
- Develop an integrated marketing strategy encompassing paid, branded, and retention marketing tactics.
- Develop and manage growth marketing budgets and forecasts.
- Source and manage marketing agency partners by channel to ensure ROI and optimize results.
- Oversee daily management of online marketing campaigns.
- Partner closely with the Product Marketing team to power campaigns that deliver commercialization of our products to our range of customers and potentially to outside partners in the future.
- Launch, track and report on social paid campaigns.
- Build tracking systems to measure all promotional email and content sent by our sellers, as well as a posted online and identify new systems and techniques to improve delivery and tracking
- Be the marketing point of contact for the SEO function inside the Product and Engineering team and provide guidance as a good partner.
- SEM, paid digital advertising and identifies the opportunity to maximize exposure and growth.
- Performance Marketing track record/experience
- Extensive Systems knowledge particularly in lead generation and CRM.
- Extensive management experience leading cross-functional teams; change management experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across different audiences; ability to super-serve clients at the highest level and guiding teams to the same level of service
- Independent, strategic thinker with operational experience.
- Ability to create and scale processes that are efficient without losing quality.
- Solutions-oriented style and positive attitude.
- Experience with budget planning and forecasting.
- Has a sense of responsibility and ownership in delivering quality output and building strong teams.
- Incredible organizational skills and ability to manage large amounts of projects and priorities simultaneously.
- A confident speaker who can gain buy-in from various department leaders and Executives.