FourKites is looking for a Cloud Operations Architect to design, build, and optimize our SaaS cloud platform. This technical leader will assess and identify operational reliability of the stack with intimate focus on availability, performance, and resiliency. The architect will also lead capacity management initiatives and work closely with development / product business units.
The ideal candidate needs to have the ability to communicate and influence change in all levels of the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as the Technical Champion and SME for Cloud Infrastructure
- Provide strategic architecture leadership with a mastery in Infrastructure on projects and initiatives
- Work closely with Product Management, Sales, and Product Support in understanding the business objectives
- Partner with Engineering leaders and peers in delivering technology solutions that meet the business requirements
- Maintain the vision of Operational Excellence in Availability, Performance, and Resiliency
- Define, document, and set standards and best practices for infrastructure and platform services
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior level Engineers and Architects
Experience (Must have)
- 5+ years as a Cloud Architect with demonstrable success in delivering projects
- 8-12 years of experience in development and/or operations experience
- Deep experience in Cloud technologies and services (Azure or AWS) in a highly agile and dynamic environment
- Expertise in architecture and design of Cloud infrastructure supporting a SaaS or PaaS Platform
- Experience in moving and migrating workloads from one Cloud platform to another
- Strong understanding of networking principles and technologies
- Experience in containerization technologies
- Independently capable of performing technology assessments and gap analysis in the infrastructure domain
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
Experience (Nice to have)
- Automation experience with Ansible, Chef, or CloudFormation
- Programming experience in Ruby on Rails, GoLang or Java is a plus.
Educational Qualification: Graduate with B.E, MSc or MCA background