As FourKites continues to scale and build our tech teams across the globe, we are excited to bring on a Senior Front End Engineer in Chicago who will be working on greenfield development using ReactJS, Angular 5, and AWS to revamp our Core Tracking platform. You will partner closely with our global UX team and will be an integral part of guiding our vision to provide intelligent logistics technology that fuels end-to-end supply chain visibility for our Global 1000 customers.
What you'll be doing:
- Designing & developing best-in-class user interface components
- Collaborating with UX/UI designers and other engineers to design, prototype, and build complex cloud-based security applications
- Architecting solutions and execution through design, prototyping & hands-on development
- Providing leadership for front-end architecture and development while designing and building new features
- Producing high quality code and helping to define best practices and coding standards
- Staying up to date on industry trends and new technology to provide guidance and help us stay ahead of the game with innovation
About the team:
Our global Engineering team is passionate, curious, and innovative. We work across two geographically distributed cities on two separate continents to collaboratively deliver industry disrupting solutions, offering Fortune 1K customers real-time visibility, predictive intelligence, advanced analytics, and many more exciting products to power their transportation world. Our innovative team is composed of full stack and back end developers, and the Senior Front End Engineer will be a driving force behind our future design and front end initiatives. You’ll have exposure to technology such as Ruby, Python, Java, GoLang, and NodeJS, as well as ElasticSearch, Cassandra, and MongoDB to sharpen your big data skillset.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience building highly scalable, high performance, responsive web applications
- Expertise in front end architecture and design as well as API integration
- Comfortability with Agile methodology and TDD
- Experience with build systems, pipelines, and dependency management
- Curious and passionate about new technology
- Strong desire to create scalable, maintainable, and high-performing front end systems
- Competitive compensation package, including bonus, health/dental/vision insurance with FSA/HSA, and 401k matching
- Monthly commuter benefits (CTA, Metra, parking)
- Fully-stocked kitchen with free snacks and drinks, as well as free lunch on Mondays
- Generous parental leave
- Free gym membership in building
- And much more!
FourKites is the fastest-growing predictive supply chain platform, backed by top-tier VC firms in Silicon Valley, Boston and Chicago, delivering real-time visibility and execution for Fortune 500 companies and third-party logistics firms. Using a proprietary algorithm to calculate shipment arrival times, FourKites enables customers to lower operating costs, improve on-time performance, and strengthen end-customer relationships. With a network of more than four million GPS/ELD devices, FourKites covers all modes including ocean, rail, parcel and over-the-road. The platform is optimized for mobile and equipped with market-leading end-to-end security. We look for smart, agile, creative team players who are ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver for our customers.