Are you an experienced product manager who has helped to lead development and delivery of world-class software or analytics products? Would you like to build products used by some of the biggest and most influential businesses around the world? If your answer is yes, we would love to talk to you.
We are looking to hire a smart product manager who is passionate about taking up ideas and bringing them to life. You will engage with our customer and internal stakeholders to decide the future of your product line. If you love influencing product direction, building products based on strong consumer insights and using analytics and experimentation to iterate you will love this position.
- Own the technical roadmap for our platform, that enables a consistent and seamless user experience, while supporting health improvements for the platform
- Build tools to improve data ingestion, process optimization, and content distribution
- Develop health metrics to monitor platform performance; Prioritize, and build features to improve these metrics
- Implement proactive alerting solutions to identify customer data feed issues or other anomalies in real-time.
- Review technical debt initiatives on a routine cadence, and construct business cases to prioritize these initiatives over new ones when applicable.
- Modernize platform tools and capabilities, while evaluating build vs buy decisions.
- Partner with Product Support to identify key platform vulnerabilities, bugs and areas of improvement; Appropriately drive initiatives to resolve.
- Meet regularly with key customer facing teams to collect and analyse user feedback to shape new product ideas and user requirements.
- Participate in daily engineering standups, and work with engineering to define product requirements, scope initiatives, and drive execution
- Work with leadership team in planning the product roadmap.
- Represent company in product or domain specific conferences and events.
- Stay on top of the market and competitions.
- 5+ years experience as a platform product manager or similar role
- Should be aware of infrastructure costs on a feature/service basis and help forecast platform costs based on requirement complexity.
- A strong technical background, and a willingness to learn on the job
- A self starter, who can hit the ground running with minimal mentorship
- Have strong presentation skills, with experience working in a distributed environment
- Familiarity in agile development framework will be preferable.
- Should possess good product instinct and excellent project management skills to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution.
Who we are?
FourKites, Inc. is a logistics technology startup providing next generation software platform for freight brokers and shippers to streamline their operations. Our connected devices platform is the most advanced in the industry and has been deployed by several freight brokerage houses in the country. We have Fortune 100 shippers and Transport Topics Top 25 Freight Brokers as our customers. We love what we do, and we love the impact we have already driven for the clients we work with. We believe in empowering our employees to be the absolute best they can be, and we aren’t afraid to have a little fun in the process. We’re funded by a great group of investors who care about our company and our team’s success.
As a Program Manager, you’ll manage multiple projects and drive the launch of new products and services to the market. In this role you’re responsible for the successful execution of projects within the defined time, budget, scope and quality boundaries. You’ll serve as the key coordinator and communicator for all departments associated with the successful delivery to our customers. You’ll lead projects from concept to completion, driving the planning, monitoring progress and reporting on execution.
This high-visibility role straddles marketing and product management, and will report to the Chief Product Officer. We are looking for a smart, high-energy, highly analytical individual with strong communication skills. You must be capable of juggling multiple projects, comfortable with leading cross-functional meetings, and want to be part of a hyper-growth startup. Former or current strategy consulting business analysts and project/program managers are highly encouraged to apply.
Be a part of the emerging team and do something that matters.
With the first of it's kind, FourKites provides comprehensive innovative real-time tracking and supply chain visibility solutions across transportation modes and digital platforms. Using FourKites, the shipper, the broker, and the carrier can share the same, real-time truck location and shipment status information - from more than 45 onboard GPS/ELD (The electronic logging device (ELD) ) systems used by fleets to individual owner-operator smartphones and flip phones. Bypassing phone calls and EDI, FourKites saves time and money across the transportation spectrum. Best of all, nothing falls through the cracks.
Latest achievements and Awards:
- For the second consecutive year, FourKites, the leading real-time tracking platform is recognized for providing unrivaled visibility and connectivity has been selected as a Top Logistics IT provider by Inbound Logistics
- Winner of the 15th annual Chicago innovation awards
- Named as one of two firms powering transportation technology in Chicago
- FourKites was recognized by the Chicago incubator 1871 and the Chicago entrepreneur community as the winner of the “Rising Star Momentum Award”
- Chicago Innovations 50 on Fire winner
We believe in getting creative to support businesses of all sizes & that true innovation is fueled not only by technology but by the power of relationships. We work closely with our customers and other team members to inspire solutions that don’t just fix problems, but prevent them, and create lifelong brand advocates in the process.
Get a chance to work with top minds from the industry and make an organisation wide impact.
we’re focused on success as a company first while maintaining a fun environment to work in.