As a Principal Engineer - Big data, you will get an opportunity to work on features using latest technologies such as Hadoop, Spark , Kafka, Cassandra etc. . You will help Architect to develop products that can change the logistics landscape and will be used by some of the biggest corporations in the world. You will develop integrations with our strategic partners to help expand our ecosystem. You will work closely with our US team and customers to develop features that help shape the logistics and supply chain industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering or related field from a reputed institution. Master’s Preferred
- Strong Individual Contributor
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in 6+ years in architecting, designing, planning, building & delivering large scale distributed web applications
- Expertise in hadoop stack
- Expertise in Spark
- Experience in Architecting data ingestion, storage, consumption model.
- Expertise in Micro services architecture
- Expertise in messaging systems such as Kafka/RabbitMQ
- 4+ years of experience in at least one NoSQL technology such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, etc.
- Experience building RESTful APIs backed by unit tests and QA testing tools.
- Agile SDLC experience
- Experience in Amazon Web Services or other cloud services is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- Architect micro-services that help in determining cost to company for every feature
- Help platform to scale as number of concurrent users grow exponentially.
- Reduce infrastructure and external tools cost and propose changes as required
- Architect a data acquisition and cleaning layer that can interact with other product offerings
- Work closely with US based product teams to understand technical needs of the business and propose new directions to fulfil business goals
- Mentor younger engineers to take up additional responsibilities
- Help delivery teams by building POC’s in new technology domains to guide them.
- Work closely with Engineering Manager’s to prioritize goals for the team
Who we are? (https://www.fourkites.com/)
FourKites is re-shaping the logistics industry for real-time transparency and efficiency. FourKites provides comprehensive real-time tracking and supply chain visibility solutions across transportation modes and digital platforms.
We have Fortune 100 shippers and Transporters, Top 25 Freight Brokers as our customers.
We love what we do, and we love the impact we have already driven for the clients we work with. We believe in empowering our employees to be the absolute best they can be, and we aren’t afraid to have a little fun in the process.
FourKites India Private Limited based in Chennai is a wholly owned subsidiary of FourKites, Inc. and is responsible for engineering the technology that powers FourKites logistics platform. We offer great benefits and a world of opportunity for those who excel.
Be a part of the emerging team and do something that matters.
With the first of its kind, FourKites provides comprehensive innovative real-time tracking and supply chain visibility solutions across transportation modes and digital platforms. Using FourKites, the shipper, the broker, and the carrier can share the same, real-time truck location and shipment status information - from more than 45 onboard GPS/ELD (The electronic logging device (ELD) ) systems used by fleets to individual owner-operator smartphones and flip phones. Bypassing phone calls and EDI, FourKites saves time and money across the transportation spectrum. Best of all, nothing falls through the cracks.
Latest achievements and Awards:
- Made to the WSJ’s List of 25 Tech Companies to Watch in 2018
- For the second consecutive year, FourKites, the leading real-time tracking platform is recognized for providing unrivalled visibility and connectivity has been selected as a Top Logistics IT provider by Inbound Logistics
- Winner of the 15th annual Chicago innovation awards
- Named as one of two firms powering transportation technology in Chicago
- Chicago Innovations 50 on Fire winner
We believe in getting creative to support businesses of all sizes & that true innovation is fuelled not only by technology but by the power of relationships. We work closely with our customers and other team members to inspire solutions that don’t just fix problems, but prevent them, and create lifelong brand advocates in the process.
Get a chance to work with top minds from the industry and make an organisation wide impact.
we’re focused on success as a company first while maintaining a fun environment to work in.