FourKites, Inc. is a global logistics technology startup providing next generation software platform for freight brokers and shippers to streamline their operations. Our connected devices platform is the most advanced in the industry and has been deployed by several freight brokerage houses in the United States. We have Fortune 100 shippers and Transport Topics Top 25 Freight Brokers as our customers. We love what we do, and we love the impact we have already driven for the clients we work with. We believe in empowering our employees to be the absolute best they can be, and we aren’t afraid to have a little fun in the process. We’re funded by a great group of investors who care about our company and our team’s success.
What you will do?
- Be an active, involved member of the Program Management team.
- Align local efforts to Enterprise Planning & Agility goals.
- Provide hands on coaching to teams and programs.
- Be hands on with the teams in Sprint planning, Estimation, Retros and other rituals.
- Work with cross-functional product and engineering teams to define and resolve dependencies.
- Continuously measure and report the progress of teams and organizational units in meeting their goals and the goals of FourKites
- Work with stakeholders to drive improvements in agile maturity while demonstrating quantifiable progress towards achieving higher performing teams and improved business outcomes.
- Mentor participants in all Agile roles--especially the ones of scrum master, Agile program manager, and product owner.
- Conduct occasional classroom training sessions on a variety of Agile and other Transformation related topics.
What you need to succeed
- Has a fair understanding of the Scaled Agile Framework and experience leading a couple of Program Increment planning meetings.
- Has experience in managing / collaborating with varied roles.
- Has experience in identifying and grooming leaders within Engineering and Product teams.
- Can offer meaningful mentoring in workflow, engineering and collaboration best practices to engineers, product managers, program managers and others due to extensive experience and willingness to help.
- Expertise in Agile, Scrum, Extreme Programming, Test Driven Development, and Kanban principles, methods, and techniques.
- Well versed in a variety of software development, program and project management methodologies and techniques.
- Experience establishing and coaching Scrum of Scrums and Product Councils in a multi-team Agile environment.
- Agile Lifecycle Management tool expertise—preferably with JIRA software.
- Ability to manage organizational change initiatives.
- Flexible and resilient; willingness to take initiative to create approaches to complex problems.
- Ability to thrive in an environment with a high-degree of change.
- Either possesses a background working directly in a technology role or can demonstrate the ability to understand the procedures and challenges of a variety of technology functions involved in the product development life cycle.
- 6-10 years of overall experience
- CSM or PSM certified
- Should have managed teams directly and indirectly (and can work with, around people)
What leading at FourKites means
At FourKites, we’re passionate about developing leaders at all levels of the organization from individual contributors to people managers. Anyone who’s considering a career with us should know that we evaluate leadership based on these five values:
- Winning – We play to WIN. We are passionate, courageous, and bold. We are appropriately aggressive. Together, we celebrate our successes.
- Agility – We act fast, fail fast. We are forward thinking. We anticipate opportunities and challenges. We embrace and adapt to technology.
- Trust – We are transparent. We treat everyone with respect and have empathy for others. We listen - great ideas can come from anyone. We are accountable for our actions.
- Teamwork – We are better together. We grow through collaboration and contribution. We achieve results through our collective efforts. We readily share knowledge, experiences, resources, and opportunities.
- Fun – We work hard and play hard. We believe that happiness and fun foster productivity and creativity. We invest in community and family.