DESCRIPTION: The Electronics Technician II is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Director, Mining Operations, the Electronics Technician II repairs proof of work mining circuit boards and other ancillary parts.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The successful candidate will perform hashboard diagnosis and repair in our in-house repair center. This position will also help to develop the standard operating procedures for the repair center.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Diagnose and repair hashboards via micro-soldering techniques:
- Determine material or replacement needs and a logical method for repair; take appropriate action to meet those needs and makes repairs.
- Create or adapt parts as needed to make repairs and improve the performance of hashboards.
- Create support and troubleshooting documentation.
- Document incidents and resolutions and maintain event (ticket) logs.
- Meet production schedules and deadlines according to quality standards.
- Develop curriculum and collaborate with the Foundry Academy for the “Introduction to Hashboard Diagnosis and Repair” course and as well as future courses.
- Research and maintain a current, working knowledge, of technical information and applications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 6 months of micro-soldering experience is required.
- Experience working with multimeter, oscilloscope, bench top power supply, signal generator, etc.
- Soldering-technique ability: thru-hole, surface mount, and fine pitch.
- Ability to analyze electronic-digital circuitry and develop troubleshooting and repair procedures.
- Must be proficient in analog & digital electronics & microprocessors, and computerized test equipment.
- Multi-task, prioritize, and work in a flexible, changing environment with multiple competing deadlines
- Effectively communicate and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers.
- Be an active learner, understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- The ability to document/record information, including entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form
- Experience with Electrostatic discharge (ESD) Protection/Anti-static Environment
- The ability to utilize basic hand tools such as a Dremel, heat guns, utility knives, razor blades, and digital voltage meters.
- Provide excellent customer service to key stakeholders.
- Physical Requirements:
- Near vision needed– ability to see details at close range
- Finger dexterity – ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs repetitively
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3 years of micro-soldering experience
- Certification in micro-soldering techniques or equivalent
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced and fun start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive base salary, bonus and incentive compensation Unlimited PTO / Flexible time off - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Professional development budget with flexibility for personal and professional growth
- Outstanding health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan with company contribution (Bermuda: Private pension plan with company contribution)
- Flexible spending programs for medical and dependent care (Not available for Bermuda positions)
- Paid parental leave
Foundry takes pride in an environment which prioritizes our people. We insist that our people first culture builds the framework for all business operations.
Employees have ample opportunities to voice thoughts, opinions, and ideas through weekly companywide meetings, monthly townhalls, and team outings and events.
We emphasize the importance of each individual through engagement, teamwork, inclusion, and diversity efforts.
Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factors protected under federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.