The Field Technician role is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Site Operations Manager, the Field Technician is a multifaceted role and will include helping the Mining Operations team deploy, maintain, and manage crypto mining equipment in the data center environments.
This position is open to candidates who desire to work at our physical work location in North Sioux City, South Dakota.
- Support the Mining Operations team and proprietary crypto mining operations
- Deploy new crypto mining units at the data centers
- Maintain current operating fleet of crypto mining machines
- Using technical expertise, preform repairs and maintenance on the mining equipment as needed
- General maintenance of equipment
- Replace fans, power supplies, and other hardware
- Keep equipment in good operating condition
- Work with the Operations team to coordinate shipping and receiving of equipment
- Work with software systems to set programming parameters of equipment
- Document inventory of equipment and spare parts
- Perform general site maintenance as required
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General experience/background operating computer hardware
- Good communication skills
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented individual
- Ability to manage task/goal priority and shift as company strategy evolves
- Ability to learn new and dynamic operations practices and implement thoughtful improvements
- Highly organized
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to bend, squat and stand for up to 45 minutes at a time
- Ability to travel as needed- minimum 20% of travel throughout the United States for this position
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interest and knowledge in crypto currency
- Bitcoin mining experience
- Advanced MS office suite knowledge
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced and fun start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive base salary, bonus and incentive compensation Unlimited PTO / Flexible time off - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Professional development budget with flexibility for personal and professional growth
- Outstanding health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan with company contribution (Bermuda: Private pension plan with company contribution)
- Flexible spending programs for medical and dependent care (Not available for Bermuda positions)
- Paid parental leave
Foundry takes pride in an environment which prioritizes our people. We insist that our people first culture builds the framework for all business operations.
Employees have ample opportunities to voice thoughts, opinions, and ideas through weekly companywide meetings, monthly townhalls, and team outings and events.
We emphasize the importance of each individual through engagement, teamwork, inclusion, and diversity efforts.
Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factors protected under federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.