The Cloud Engineer is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Director of Network Operations, the Cloud Engineer will be responsible for the deployment, provisioning, management, and monitoring of assets deployed within Foundry’s public cloud infrastructure.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
This position is based at Foundry HQ in Rochester, NY.
- Design and implement infrastructure that adhere to best practices frameworks like the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Act as subject matter expert for IaC platform and tooling; train peers and empower engineering teams to further refine their capabilities.
- Propose, present, and influence architectural design ideas to executives and technical management.
- Work with compliance and security teams to ensure that designs are compliant with SOC2 and CIS frameworks.
- Work with engineering teams to understand requirements and draft architectural diagrams prior to provisioning.
- Identify opportunities to optimize costs through infrastructure changes or platform-specific committed use discounts.
- Work alongside other cloud engineers and cloud architects to implement engineering solutions; participate in on-call rotations to support business applications in tier 2/tier 3 capacity.
- Write IaC modules/templates to package reusable code for consistent provisioning of complex infrastructure. Maintain updated versions of common modules/templates along with well-written documentation and usage examples
- Keep skills up-to-date with latest developments in industry standard tooling and public cloud services.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience working as a cloud engineer or similar role
- 1+ years in infrastructure operations or applications development, with emphasis in areas of networking, application services, security, and distributed computing
- Deep knowledge of cloud design patterns, cloud operations and cloud cost models with experience designing and implementing best practices solutions for at least one major cloud platform
- SME in at least one of the following domains (software development, systems administration, networking, data science)
- Professional-level certifications and/or commensurate work experience
- Understanding of Agile methodologies including Scrum and/or Kanban
- Working knowledge of cloud container orchestration platforms and/or Kubernetes
- Ability to identify incident trends to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols.
- Experience designing, delivering, and sustaining CI/CD/CT Pipelines
- Proficient with infrastructure diagram tooling (Visio, Lucidchart, Draw.io)
- Proficient with Infrastructure as Code/configuration management tooling (Terraform, Ansible)
- Proficient with system programming languages such as Bash, Python, Golang, or similar
- Strong attention to detail in architecture, implementation, and testing
- Excellent verbal & writing skills; experience writing and contributing to both product & technical documentation
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interest/Experience in cryptocurrency and/or Blockchain
- Ability to think outside the box
- Collaboration mindset
- Documentation experience
- Desire to learn
- Past networking experience a plus
- Past DevOps or Software Development experience a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced and fun start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive base salary, bonus and incentive compensation Unlimited PTO / Flexible time off - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Professional development budget with flexibility for personal and professional growth
- Outstanding health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan with company contribution (Bermuda: Private pension plan with company contribution)
- Flexible spending programs for medical and dependent care (Not available for Bermuda positions)
- Paid parental leave
Foundry takes pride in an environment which prioritizes our people. We insist that our people first culture builds the framework for all business operations.
Employees have ample opportunities to voice thoughts, opinions, and ideas through weekly companywide meetings, monthly townhalls, and team outings and events.
We emphasize the importance of each individual through engagement, teamwork, inclusion, and diversity efforts.
Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factors protected under federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.