DESCRIPTION: The Technical Training Coordinator is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Executive Director- Foundry Academy, the Director of Technical Training will be responsible for developing and teaching high quality training courses for the Foundry Academy in Rochester and at customer sites.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Director of Technical Training will develop technical training programs and teach courses to individuals in entry to mid-level jobs in the bitcoin mining industry with a focus on skills that will make them better professionals. Ideally, the Director of Technical Training will be knowledgeable in the field of bitcoin mining and possesses solid technical aptitude. Additionally, we expect you to be an excellent communicator and have the ability to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way. The goal is to contribute to the development of student’s technical and hands-on skills to meet institutional needs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of technical curriculum for a variety of courses offered by the Foundry Academy. For example, hashboard diagnosis on market leading Asic miners. The technical director will also develop curriculum for future course offerings.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: (List primary responsibilities in order of most importance)
- Devise best in class technical training programs according to organizational requirements, specific to teaching hashboard diagnosis and repair on an as-needed basis for Asic makes/models that have a known demand for market training
- Develop and maintain training manuals and documentation for hashboard diagnosis and repair for use with Foundry Academy training programs. Review and update manuals on an as needed basis.
- Develop and teach course offerings that may include Bitcoin Mining Operations and Blockchain and cryptocurrency fundamentals
- In collaboration with Foundry Academy leadership, assist with developing training centers in additional locations as needed.
- Develop relationships with Bitmain, Whatsminer, and other relevant Asic manufacturers to enhance the technical expertise and training experience for the Foundry Academy.
- Provide input and expertise on marketing materials for the Foundry Academy.
- Consult with Foundry Academy leadership regarding new training programs. Make appropriate recommendations and assist with bringing new programs to market.
- Create and analyze assessments to evaluate learning effectiveness and instructional improvement opportunities, including pre-tests, post-tests, and knowledge checks. Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements
- Develop range of instructional materials and products for technology-based courses, including online, mobile, immersive and performance support (e.g., self-paced guides, microlearning, case studies, job aids, and evaluations; scenario-based storyboards)
- Manage and maintain a Learning Management System
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications in order to qualify for the role)
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience teaching complex technical concepts
- Ability to develop curriculum and training materials for current and future models of Asic miners.
- Experience developing instructor guides, student manuals, workbooks, job aids, and related materials.
- Experience developing e-learning (e.g., computer-based, web-based training, online learning) that is delivered through digital media, including Learning Management Systems (LMS), web, video, or mobile devices
- Knowledge of fundamental principles, concepts and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- A natural curiosity for learning new technology
- Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking to crowds
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (These are preferred qualifications only- the candidate does NOT need to meet these in order to qualify for the role)
- Certification such as CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer) is a strong asset
- Working knowledge in MS Office (especially PowerPoint)
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and move equipment throughout the facility
- Ability to work in an environment where temperatures fluctuate and can reach very warm temperatures.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary, standing position for ~1 hour at a time
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced and fun start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive base salary, bonus and incentive compensation Unlimited PTO / Flexible time off - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Professional development budget with flexibility for personal and professional growth
- Outstanding health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan with company contribution (Bermuda: Private pension plan with company contribution)
- Flexible spending programs for medical and dependent care (Not available for Bermuda positions)
- Paid parental leave
Foundry takes pride in an environment which prioritizes our people. We insist that our people first culture builds the framework for all business operations.
Employees have ample opportunities to voice thoughts, opinions, and ideas through weekly companywide meetings, monthly townhalls, and team outings and events.
We emphasize the importance of each individual through engagement, teamwork, inclusion, and diversity efforts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.