DESCRIPTION: The Active Directory Engineer/Administrator is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Director of Network Operations, the Active Directory Engineer/Administrator will be an agent for change driving the modernization of business-critical infrastructure.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: This role will focus on working to support and modernize our global directory architecture. This specific position will have an emphasis on Azure and other cloud providers to deploy and support AD securely in a hybrid, multi-cloud model while maintaining all security policies and meeting regulatory and compliance requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Design and support our Azure Active Directory and LDAP infrastructures
- Engineer, support, and secure all Tier Zero / Control Plane infrastructure - Domain Controllers, Certificate Services, Lightweight Directory Services, Hypervisors, etc.
- Review and determine best practices for deployment and securing of AD in multiple cloud environments
- Troubleshoot Active Directory authentication and LDAP configuration issues.
- Maintain Office 365 Tenant
- Technical delivery of work across the areas of Office 365 Suite, SharePoint Online, OneDrive and many more collaboration tools
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, Cloud Architecture and Top Level Domains
- Computer networking knowledge
- Understanding of Desktop and Server hardware configurations
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience in acting as technical resource and handling escalations
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, working with both technical and non-technical partners
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner
- Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts, address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate, and persuade others
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
General office environment with perks! (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, weekly company meetings, regular team outings and events, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.