The Software Engineer – Rust is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the CTO, the Software Engineer – Rust will be focused on building and maintaining Foundry’s decentralized applications and smart contracts.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
This position is based at Foundry HQ in Rochester, NY.
- Design and build innovative dApps and smart contracts using Rust
- Research and understand protocol specifications
- Produce high quality and well-tested Rust code
- Maintain comprehensive unit and integration test coverage
- Design and ideation of new features and functionalities
- Be able to dive into new territory and effectively share new knowledge
- Ensure strong app and system security
- Ubuntu Linux system administration for servers running in the cloud or colocation datacenter
- Write documentation on how to maintain and troubleshoot the system
- Remain in an on-rotation with other engineers in the team to troubleshoot critical downtime.
- Work closely with product owners, project managers, other development teams, DevOps and infrastructure teams.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of professional experience in software engineering, software architecture, focused on dApp and smart contract development
- 2+ years of development in Rust
- A blockchain developer and a crypto-native
- Experience with blockchain protocols, blockchain APIs and RPCs
- Passionate about technology and interested in cryptocurrency, blockchain, and tech entrepreneurship
- Interest in researching topics related to DeFi, smart contracts, blockchain, mining, and staking
- Have a working knowledge of databases and monitoring and alerting systems
- Self-starter, strong problem-solving skills, and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Comfortable working in agile and lean project environments
- Familiar with open-source software principles
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Very strong Rust programming skills (2+ years recent professional experience in Rust)
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Ubuntu Linux system - development environment
- REST/HTTP, JSON/XML, RPC
- Database and Operations (SQL, NoSQL, Redis)
- Cloud servers such as Amazon AWS and Digital Ocean
- Knowledge of mining, staking, or running validating node efforts
- Microservices architecture
- Git version control
- A passion for learning
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage short term projects from conception to execution and power through setbacks with focus and determination
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback
- Comfortable with startup like environment
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
General office environment with perks! (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, weekly company meetings, regular team outings and events, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.