The Senior Scalable Solutions Engineer is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Manager of Staking and Scaling Solutions, the Senior Scalable Solutions Engineer will be focused on creating and building the software stack for Foundry’s mining and staking operations.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
This position is based at Foundry HQ in Rochester, NY.
- Responsible for the architect, deployment, creation, and maintenance of high scalable solutions
- Guarantee the effective operation of fail-safe systems, redundancies, monitoring, and safety appliances following requirements of compliance
- Assist and support the team initiatives to build novel solutions that require advanced control of hardware and satisfactory software isolation
- Promote the storage and processing of highly sensitive data following the highest safety standards
- Guarantee an effective deployment of the operational system and its basics packages for a safe and auditable usage
- Promote the safe and effective usage of Canonical MAAS
- Control the usage of large IPv4 blocks in its respective datacenters and its respective DNS records/gateways with proper association with services in the SDD
- Work closely with the Infrastructure team and the Operations team in the development of a state-of-the-art staking service platform for efficient use of resources and maximum uptime
- Guarantee good compliance practices for scaling proof-of-stake protocols and correlated services
- Provides Tier 3 support of containerized protocols and its respective monitoring services
- Construct live reports to allow cross-validation between requested services, services deployment, and its respective billing data
- Elaborate frequent analyses about the dimensioning and efficacy of deployed safety as disaster recovery system, volume of expansion/backup servers, spare parts availability
- Guarantee the proper reporting and record keeping of critical events for further analysis
- Control and maintain the Staking Deployment Database - SDD
- Build and maintain business relationships with hardware vendors
- Collect, analyze and build frequent reports of market insight about hardware cost and trends
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years of database, network administration, or system administration experience or containers cluster administration
- Experience scripting knowledge in Bash, Python and other languages
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux are a plus
- Experience working with Debian based Linux distributions and open-source software
- Strong knowledge of Canonical MAAS is a plus
- Strong knowledge of containers, including Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Experience working with the administration and maintenance of highly sensible information
- Strong knowledge of systems/networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Knowledge of automation tools including Ansible, Ansible Tower and API calls a plus
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT towards scaling
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Interest/Experience in Crypto Currency
- Capability to work in an inclusive multi-cultural and cross-functional team with remote co-workers
- A passion for learning
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage short term projects from conception to execution and power through setbacks with focus and determination
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
General office environment with perks! (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, weekly company meetings, regular team outings and events, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.