The Scalable Solutions Specialist is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Manager of Staking and Scaling Solutions, the Scalable Solutions Specialist will be focused on creating and building the software stack for Foundry’s mining and staking operations.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
This position is based at Foundry HQ in Rochester, NY.
- Responsible by the safe and effective operational expansion in the pool of bare metal hardware
- Promote an effective deployment of the operational system and its basics packages for safe access and auditable usage
- Assist the effective operation of fail-safe and service monitoring solutions
- Work together with remote teams to achieve an efficient deployment, troubleshoot and replacement of hardware with sub-optimal performance
- Document problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Address hardware problems that shall be solved via parts replacement or RMA
- Guarantee the record keeping, inventory and documents required by compliance
- Provide fast support in tasks related to high scale activities Foster an effective business relationship with service providers and vendors
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- Scripting knowledge in Bash, Python, and other languages
- IT certifications in Linux are a plus
- Experience working with Debian based Linux distributions and open-source software
- Understanding of containers, including Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Interest/Experience in Crypto Currency
- Capability to work in an inclusive multi-cultural and cross-functional team with remote co-workers
- A passion for learning
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage short term projects from conception to execution and power through setbacks with focus and determination
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback
- Comfortable with startup like environment
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
General office environment with perks! (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, weekly company meetings, regular team outings and events, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.