DESCRIPTION: The Director of Technical Support is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the CTO, the Director of Technical Support will build and directly manage our technical support team that is responsible for the enterprise staking & mining support and all applications integrated into it that is utilized across our platform. The team is responsible for direct support of Tier 1 support of staking & mining protocols, ensuring zero down time to our clients.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Director of Technical Support will be a key member of Foundry’s Technical Team, you will be responsible for building, growing, and managing the global support team to provide world-class monitoring and customer service to clients and internal groups. Additionally, you will have a critical role in handling Tier 1 alerts and support calls and anticipating issues that may occur with the various protocols that we are staking and mining.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Build a new world-class Tech Support Team
- Manage the daily activities of team members ensuring 24/7/365 continuous coverage globally.
- Lead team to create, setup, and maintain monitoring and reports to support implementation and customer support activities.
- Support a single point of contact on your team for escalations during incidents, and to coordinate communication and output until resolved.
- Accountable for ensuring delivery against SLAs and ad hoc reporting requests.
- Coaching and mentoring team members; identify opportunities to train and upskill.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- 10+ years’ experience in a technical support role with at least 5 years in management including building a tech support team from the ground up
- Highly experienced in root cause analysis and coordinating incident responses.
- Experience supporting SaaS implementations, application development integrations, DevOps and SaaS architectures.
- Experience working with APIs and API integration with various programming languages.
- A self-starter approach to work and the ability to adapt and thrive in rapidly changing circumstances.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills.
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in tech monitoring and support tools, systems and techniques
- Crypto Currency knowledge and experience.
- Ability to thrive with a heavy workload and multiple projects with frequent interruptions and schedule changes.
- Excellent change management skills.
- Prior experience in a data-driven environment.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
In order to keep our employees safe, Foundry has implemented an office protocol that requires all employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. However, Foundry will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.