The Paralegal position is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Legal Counsel, the Paralegal will be responsible for providing paralegal support to the Legal Counsel and other senior staff members, as needed.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
This position is based at Foundry HQ in Rochester, NY.
- Assist in all aspects of transactions and contract management including drafting, negotiating and/or reviewing NDAs, LOIs, engagement letters, and other agreements/ancillary documentation;
- Assist Legal Counsel with creating user guidelines and other tools to help create efficiencies within the Legal Department; and
- Willingness to work on other admin/non-admin tasks to support the entire team, as needed.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree from a 4-year accredited institution;
- Legally authorized to work in the US without visa sponsorship;
- Ability to manage and prioritize complex and varied workloads;
- Self-starter who is able and willing to work independently with little guidance;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Possess strong organizational and administrative skills.
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong passion/interest in working in the crypto space
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt as needed and work outside comfort zone
- Good sense of humor and positive attitude.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
In order to keep our employees safe, Foundry has implemented an office protocol that requires all employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. However, Foundry will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.