The Compliance Officer Role is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Legal Counsel, the Compliance Officer will be responsible for creating, implementing and maintaining the compliance function.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
This position is based at Foundry HQ in Rochester, NY. Additionally, this position is hybrid remote with a minimum of 25% requirement for in office time.
- Design and implement frameworks, policies, processes, and systems around Foundry's products and services;
- Help identify existing potential areas of compliance vulnerability and develop/implement pragmatic corrective action plans;
- Creating, developing and maintaining Foundry's BSA/AML compliance program;
- Provide ongoing and ad-hoc support on compliance queries (both from clients and internal stakeholders);
- Design and review transaction monitoring policies and procedures. Identify, investigate, evaluate escalate and record any suspicious transactions or trends;
- Report and investigate possible instances of money laundering, suspicious activity or fraud;
- Maintaining awareness of U.S. and global regulatory developments with regards to all business activities; and
- Analyzing and interpreting any regulatory changes to communicate to the Legal Counsel and any other applicable stakeholders.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 4 year degree from accredited university;
- Legally authorized to work in the US without visa sponsorship;
- Minimum of three years of relevant (U.S.) experience working in a compliance function;
- Proven experience creating, developing and implementing internal corporate compliance programs;
- Deep understanding of blockchain technology and digital assets;
- Ability to distil and discern information from regulatory guidance, statutes and regulations, audit findings, and other documents and determine impact on business;
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision;
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to balance pressure and deadlines with constantly changing priorities;
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet stringent deadlines and work effectively under pressure;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works well in a team;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output; and
- Positive attitude with great sense of humor.
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience interacting with federal and local state agencies is a plus
- Prior experience working in crypto space
- JD degree
- CCP certification
- CAMS certification
- CRCM certification
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
In order to keep our employees safe, Foundry has implemented an office protocol that requires all employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. However, Foundry will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.