The Assistant Legal Counsel Role is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Legal Counsel, the Assistant Legal Counsel will be responsible for supporting the Legal Counsel on all legal and regulatory matters as needed.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
This position is based at Foundry HQ in Rochester, NY. Additionally, this position is hybrid remote with a minimum of 25% requirement for in office time.
- Review, draft, and negotiate various commercial agreements, including but not limited to mining equipment financing agreements, hosting agreements, MSAs, NDAs, LOIs, and Term Sheets;
- Help launch and support existing and new business initiatives;
- Liaise with regulators, counterparties, and parent company executives where applicable
- Support and assist Foundry’s Legal Counsel on legal department matters as needed.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- JD from a top-tier law school or top degree from a leading university;
- Admission to at least one state bar;
- Legally authorized to work in the US without visa sponsorship;
- A minimum of three years’ experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various agreements in a law firm/general commercial practice setting;
- Excellent drafting and writing skills;
- Strong research skills and an inquisitive mindset;
- Utmost attention to detail, including ministerial aspects of drafting;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works well in a team;
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output;
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines;
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment;
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills; and
- Positive attitude and great sense of humor.
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep understanding and passion for cryptocurrency;
- Prior experience working in a crypto firm/crypto legal practice group;
- Experience negotiating sec lending, secured transitions, financing, and/or structured finance agreements; and
- Experience with/exposure to securities and financial regulations (e.g. SEC, 40 Act, FINRA, CFTC).
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
In order to keep our employees safe, Foundry has implemented an office protocol that requires all employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. However, Foundry will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.