The Enterprise Risk Manager role is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Head of Risk, the Enterprise Risk Manager will work closely with the executive team to plan, design, implement, and monitor risk management processes and programs.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
This position is a hybrid remote role, with periodic travel required to the Foundry HQ in Rochester, NY.
- Maintain and enhance enterprise risk management framework with focus on risk identification, measurement, mitigation, monitoring, and reporting to management.
- Support design and development of Process Risk Organization Controls mapping across different organizational units
- Document , formalize and maintain firm wide controls library
- Draft overarching Policies and Standards supporting ERMF
- Operationalize control requirements outlined in policies and standards via procedures
- Act as lead point of contact for external SOC audits and 3rd party vendor reviews
- Manage tracking and reporting of cross company Risk Events and Issues
- Work with product teams to identify and manage risk from white-boarding through production
- Multitask, prioritize, and manage portfolio of complex products and projects
- Help develop governance and reporting structure across organization
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in financial services risk management or management consulting.
- Comfortable working in a high growth and rapidly evolving environment.
- Strong excel skills, basic programming knowledge (VBA, SQL, Python).
- Familiarity with Bitcoin and other digital assets.
- Ability to work independently and be accountable for projects and associated deliverables.
- Strong understanding of risk management and COSO frameworks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Expected to produce and present reports to leadership.
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advance degree and/or CRM/FRM certifications.
- Experience with FX and commodities desks.
- Experience working directly with risk projects involving Bitcoin or other digital assets.
- Developed and maintained: risk appetite calibration, risk mapping or registers, and/or risk taxonomies.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
In order to keep our employees safe, Foundry has implemented an office protocol that requires all employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. However, Foundry will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.