DESCRIPTION: The AI / ML Software Engineer is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the VP, Product Development, the AI/ML Software Engineer will be a team player whose expertise translates into the development of self-running AI software to automate predictive models. Working with cutting edge technology, they will develop documented AI / ML processes for ongoing use case studies.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, and we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
- Work alongside other AI/ML engineers and the product team to brainstorm models and use cases applicable to an open and decentralized ecosystem
- Analyze and maintain existing open-source software.
- Design highly scalable, testable code in Python and Rust.
- Discover and fix programming bugs.
- Review code written by other team members in a timely and organized manner.
- Work with the team to develop machine learning testing and application deployment pipeline.
- Work on versioning (like Git/GitHub) and monitoring of training/predictions.
- Optimize and benchmark models with Data Engineering techniques like data storage and OOP improvements. You will have tremendous autonomy in developing these models to test in the market.
- Work with Blockchain engineers to coordinate Blockchain and machine learning model development and deployment.
- Document and deliver Machine Learning processes for Use Case studies.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a software engineer as part of a team in an industrial or academic project.
- 1-2 years’ experience programming in PyTorch.
- A strong understanding of linear algebra, probability theory, statistics and multivariate calculus.
- Experience working with distributed computing platforms and frameworks.
- Programming knowledge required: Python, Rust, PyTorch, Distributed computing, Deep learning concepts.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to work collaboratively for understanding of client priorities.
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interest or experience in blockchains is an asset, but not required.
- A master’s degree in Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or a related quantitative discipline is an asset but not required.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
In order to keep our employees safe, Foundry has implemented an office protocol that requires all employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. However, Foundry will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.