The Assistant Controller is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Controller, the Assistant Controller will be focused on maintaining and enhancing Foundry’s financial statements and reporting working both with internal teams and external auditors and advisors.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
This position is based at Foundry HQ in Rochester, NY.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Assistant Controller will report to the Controller and be responsible for managing all financial and accounting procedures at Foundry. This individual will work closely with the Controller and Finance staff at DCG to provide reporting specific to this subsidiary. Typical responsibilities would include all accounting, treasury, and reporting functions, including preparation of monthly financials, assist with management of day-to-day financial decisions, profitability analysis, and modeling to support the business decisions of Foundry. Detailed responsibilities would include:
- Establish, maintain, and document internal controls for safekeeping of assets
- Maintain the General Ledger for the entity, revenue recording, accounts payable and vendor relationships, and manage the monthly close process
- Assist in preparing the annual budget
- Internal and external reporting
- Collect data (both financial and non-financial) and conduct analysis to present meaningful market findings, insights, and commentary both for internal and external purposes
- Work closely with Foundry’s technical team on their economic models to support strategic mining and staking decisions
- Weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting of Foundry’s mining and staking efforts
- Modeling of core product offerings including equipment financing
- Development of models to support complex business relationships
- Prepare standalone financial statements and support the audit process
- 10+ years’ experience in a leadership role focused on financial reporting and internal controls
- Bachelor's degree required, accounting major preferred
- MBA and/or CPA is preferred but not required
- Exceptional energy and interest in building things from the ground up and delivering real results
- Deep knowledge of our industry not required, but a strong interest in as well as a willingness to learn about crypto and blockchain is key
- Experience working in a startup - high sense of urgency, ambiguous environment - is a plus
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to see the bigger picture and understand new functional areas quickly
- Someone who possesses a true cross-functional mindset
- Strong quantitative and reasoning skills
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, listening, negotiation, organization, and presentation
- Someone both convincing and clear on next steps, who always follows up on promises
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry’s mission is to empower miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure for a digital world and provides North American digital asset mining businesses with capital and intelligence.
General office environment with perks (fully stocked kitchen, flexible workspace, focus on employee engagement, teamwork, inclusion, equity, and diversity).
In order to keep our employees safe, Foundry has implemented an office protocol that requires all employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. However, Foundry will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.